year of the tiger

sunnystaines 17:22 14 Feb 2010

has just started good new year to any oriental readers.

i will miss the chinnese new year in china town.

sunnystaines 17:29 14 Feb 2010

check which year of ..... you were born in

click here

I was the rooster

Bingalau 17:51 14 Feb 2010

So am I, my daughter was born in Singapore on the 24th of February 1969 with all the fireworks going off as if there was no tomorrow. It's hard to believe that she is now 41 years old in a few days time... I assume the year of the rooster was a later that year. It must be a movable feast like Easter.

Al94 18:59 14 Feb 2010

I'm a rabbit - deep joy.

As far as i'm concerned, every year is the "year of the tiger". I've just been reading in Classic Bus magazine issue 31 (oct-nov 1997) of the rare 3 axle Leyland variety that used to work the Weymouth-Portland service back in the thirties. They just about made it until 1960 before being withdrawn from service and all were scrapped.

rawprawn 20:35 14 Feb 2010

Hi Sunny
I am an Ox, however I find this description a little misleading.
People born in the Year of the Ox are patient, speak little, and inspire confidence in others. They tend, however, to be eccentric, and bigoted, and they anger easily. They have fierce tempers and although they speak little, when they do they are quite eloquent. Ox people are mentally and physically alert. Generally easy-going, they can be remarkably stubborn, and they hate to fail or be opposed. They are most compatible with Snake, Rooster, and Rat people.
How can one be patient, yet anger easily with a fierce temper.
However it does sound a bit like me, depending on if it's a good or bad day!

rdave13 21:46 14 Feb 2010

Horse.
'People born in the Year of the Horse are popular. They are cheerful, skillful with money, and perceptive, although they sometimes talk too much. The are wise, talented, good with their hands, and sometimes have a weakness for members of the opposite sex. They are impatient and hot-blooded about everything except their daily work. They like entertainment and large crowds. They are very independent and rarely listen to advice. They are most compatible with Tigers, Dogs, and Sheep.'
Hmmm, never knew I was like that. The word 'sometimes' is wrong and I dislike 'large crowds'.

Brumas 21:59 14 Feb 2010

I'm a rat, so no snidey remarks!!

rdave13 22:00 14 Feb 2010

where are you.........

Brumas 22:06 14 Feb 2010

Don't you bl**dy start, it's bad enough with him ;o}

rdave13 22:07 14 Feb 2010

I

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?