Wrapping Presents?

crosstrainer 15:37 10 Dec 2008

...An art form? Or are some just good at it...My lot howl with laughter every year, despite the fact that I seem to spend ages attempting it.

I'm good with gaffa tape and sturdy parcels though :)

Chegs ®™ 15:47 10 Dec 2008

I'm good with gaffa tape and sturdy parcels though :)

Are you one of my relatives? I ask because I recall having to hunt the scissors to open some of my christmas presents. :)

crosstrainer 15:51 10 Dec 2008

I'm not sure, but if you have been the recipient of such a parcel, then there is a chance :))

spuds 16:08 10 Dec 2008

Wrapping presents, bah humbug. I always need two sheets, when everyone else can manage with one.

But I soon learnt out to overcome that small chapter in my life - Give money instead. If whatever they buy, and if they want it wrapped, then let them sought it out themselves :O)

interzone55 16:50 10 Dec 2008

I leave the wrapping to Mrs alan14, but then I have to wrap her presents, which always seem to be the wrong size & shape for the paper...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 10 Dec 2008

Mrs Fruitbat/\0/\ doesn't like her presents sealed up with insulation tape.

Monoux 16:59 10 Dec 2008

alan14 -- you only have yourself to blame after all you bought them :o)

Pineman100 17:07 10 Dec 2008

"I always need two sheets, when everyone else can manage with one."

Just a suggestion - buy smaller presents.
;o)

interzone55 17:26 10 Dec 2008

I bought them, but I didn't choose them...

lofty29 17:33 10 Dec 2008

I just get out my arc welder, and lend her in-doors my angle grinder on christmas morning.

Simsy 20:17 10 Dec 2008

but I love doing it!

No-one has a chance of guessing what they've got from the shape of the package... the family have come to realise that the shoebox sized parcel that weighs 2lb will probably contain a large piece of old wood and a smaller parcel...

and that smaller parcel will only contain a piece of paper with instructions to look under the sink in the garage...

where they'll find another parcel containing a further instruction, written in code. They then have to return to the living room to find how to decipher the code...

and then they'll find out where the present really is...

Which is wrapped conventionally, and appears to be what one would, normally, assume to be a Toblerone...

Obviously it isn't!

And someone else will get a Toblerone, (without it's cardboard wrapper!), in a large Amazon box that contains another bit of old wood, and lots of "protective pacakging", that is actually the last 4 months emptyings of the shredder.!

I love it!

And then there's turkey etc!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017