Would you want this

carver 14:20 05 Feb 2012

Would you want this after your death Biodegradable Urn instead of the six foot under routine.

Personally I think it's a very good idea and I think that having a tree to remember you by is a far better thing than a headstone in some abandoned rundown cemetery.

The cost does seem a bit high though for what is basically a glorified plant pot, wonder if that how BILL and BEN started out.

lotvic 15:27 05 Feb 2012

Looks easy enough to make, will nip down to garden centre to get what's needed. If I go on a Wednesday afternoon I get 10% off.

carver 16:19 05 Feb 2012

lotvic bit drastic planning your death for a particular day

wee eddie 16:29 05 Feb 2012

My ashes are planned to be buried in the Sand-bed beneath the local Curling Rink, but as an alternative, you can dig me into the Roses!

lotvic 16:34 05 Feb 2012

I can't resist a bargain ;-)

interzone55 18:13 05 Feb 2012

We had my mum's ashes buried in a cardboard box for some reason, but when my gran passed away we scattered her ashes in her favourite place, the top of Holcombe Hill in Ramsbottom - it made a lovely day out as the family all trekked up the hill to scatter the ashes on top then trekked back down for a meal in the Shoulder of Mutton pub...

Bingalau 18:37 05 Feb 2012

I had my wife's ashes scattered from one of the Mersey ferries, into the river. I expect mine will go the same way, although I did think it would be nice to have them dropped in to the sea by plane. I'm sure we will then join up again in a very diluted form somewhere, maybe Bermuda or the Seychelles? Who knows?

The scattering of ashes is carried out from the ferries on a regular (I think it's monthly) basis by the local Royal Naval Padre and with the co-operation of the Mersey Ferry Company.

badgery 18:46 05 Feb 2012

Bingalau

Please tell me they don't have Gerry belting out his song over the tannoy during the ceremony!

It drove me daft last time I was on it, some years ago.

morddwyd 21:50 05 Feb 2012

I was hoping to have my ashes scattered over one the many places I was stationed in my forty years, but they've all been closed down (and believe me, that's a hell of a lot of stations!).

The only exception is Lossiemouth but I don't count that as it is ex Navy, and I'm damned if I'm going to have my final rest disturbed by the shades of a bunch of drunken airy fairies.

Aitchbee 22:14 05 Feb 2012

I've just acquired a book from my local charity shop...'THE QI BOOK of the DEAD'.

It gets a good write up:-

On the front cover it says "Dead Good." - Stephen Fry.

Forum Editor 22:53 05 Feb 2012

My ashes will end up in the sea off Brancaster in Norfolk, where my wife and I have spent some of the happiest times of our life together (at Brancaster, not in the sea).

It's her idea, she says that if I go first she would want to go there and remember. I share fourm member's views about dead bodies - they are not the person who has died, and I have no particular reverence for them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone