would you rate hitler as leader

ronalddonald 09:16 11 May 2010

click here

that what the nhs did in survey,

I would think a question like is very wrong to have since no one can say if was a in the nhs words a good leader, since many people who new him are not around apart historians and they done work for the nhs. Yet i would rate hitler very close to the bnp both hated people and if the bnp had its way i wonder what discriminatory tactics they would use.

michaelw 10:08 11 May 2010

Well, apart from killing 6 million jews, mentally disabled and ethnic people he did get the trains running on time. Or was that Mussolini?

But compared to Uncle Joe Stalin his totals on slaughtering people weren't in comparison.

I'm not sure he could drive an ambulance though.

Quickbeam 10:11 11 May 2010

I don't think that the definition of 'leader' requires history to portray you as a good person. Stalin, Franco, Herod, Nero etc were also leaders.

In 1930s Germany, Hitler was certainly considered a 'cool leader' by the population...

johndrew 10:18 11 May 2010

Or even Genghis Khan.

Þ² 10:32 11 May 2010

Hitler achieved things on an amazing scale, an amazingly evil scale, but amazing none the less.

Yes, he was a great leader for his chosen people until he went on a power-crazed search for "living space" exterminating millions along the way.

Isn't it the case with all leaders... they start out with good intentions and in the end they are a disaster.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:53 11 May 2010

He brought Germany from hyper-inflation to full employment in a very short time. He was also a brilliant organiser and a charismatic with an amazing sense for putting the right person in the right job. He was also mad as a box of frogs and was not best pleased with the Jews. He did have a mental breakdown towards the end of WWII which is understandable as the whole of the planet was after him.

G

bremner 11:42 11 May 2010

Hitler knew exactly what he was doing from the start.

Read Mein Kampf written in 1924.

Þ² 11:46 11 May 2010

I started it but found it a big load of waffle.

"Hitler knew exactly what he was doing from the start." he knew what he was doing at the start but didn't later on, his strategy was all over the place.

ronalddonald 13:11 11 May 2010

in that case who would say is a good leader with a good strategy.

Quickbeam 13:42 11 May 2010

This geezer's achievements have always impressed me click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:47 11 May 2010

Me. Looking unemotionally at his rise to power, he was a brilliant leader and Governmental strategist especially considering the hyper-inflation of the early 1930s. Of course if I was Jewish I might think differently but if I was Slavic/ Visigoth or Vandal I might also consider Alexander The Great to be a bit of a rotten pig, if I was Saxon I would also think that Wiiliam the Conq was an absolute swine and as for Genghis Khan............ However at the end of the day they were all brilliant/genius strategists for all or part of their careers.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017