would this be popular, legal.

wolfie3000 04:05 09 Sep 2008

Me and a few friends have recently been thinking of a new project to start and we came up with an idea,

Basicly we are thinking of setting up a gamers help site,
On this site people who are having problems with getting past certain levels on a game send us there save game and we complete the level there stuck on and send the new save game back to them.

Also we host save games on the site as well for players.

Would this be a popular site? also would it be legal?

Maybe in the future we will make walkthroughs for there games too.

crosstrainer 06:26 09 Sep 2008

Plenty of other sites do this, so I can't see a problem with the tip part of your idea...The save game idea would not work for most games, as all system specs are different.

I tried importing a Max Payne2 saved game from an XP machine to Vista, and it would not work.

Apart from that I'd say go for it....We all get stuck from time to time!

Picklefactory 10:31 09 Sep 2008

Not sure I'd want someone to get past the hard bit for me. Advice/walkthrough is enough for me at times of great gaming stress, but then everyone is different, so maybe it might take off?

Marko797 13:43 09 Sep 2008

I would agree with Pf. I look for a walkthru then solve it myself.

Cymro. 15:26 09 Sep 2008

It is not that I want to discourage budding young entrepreneurs but I would recommend that you get your business advise from somewhere better than an Internet forum. Mind you I suppose you must start somewhere.

Picklefactory 16:11 09 Sep 2008

I'll have you know, I used to run the sweet counter in my aunts newsagents shop when I was 10. I think that speaks volumes of my immense business acumen.
:-))

Si_L 16:34 09 Sep 2008

That would be very cool. Right now I'm stuck on a GTA: SA mission. I hate Zero so much.

Forum Editor 18:49 09 Sep 2008

would involve asking complete strangers to send you files, and you sending them a new file.

The security implications are not insignificant, and for that and other reason I wouldn't give up the day job to do this.

Si_L 19:59 09 Sep 2008

When I was in E-play (shop similar to Game, think they have gone out of business now), the guy in front of me in the queue went up to the shop-assistant with his PS2 memory card, saying something to the effect off "I can't get past the boss on level 15, can you help me?!"

wolfie3000 01:28 10 Sep 2008

Thank you all for your input, yes FE i agree with you on the security issues,

But many gamers do it with friends, I just thought we could take it to the next level.

We weren't looking to start a business more a gaming help site with a difference.

Oh well back to the drawing board, :/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?