Worry for TK Maxx customers?

Al94 09:47 30 Mar 2007

click here re theft of payment card details.

georgemac © 10:46 30 Mar 2007

I am not too worried about our card being used fraudulently, because we will be protected, although I would be gutted if criminals did manage to use our card and were not caught.

What worries me more is that a huge commercial organisation like this has not enough security to keep out hackers, and why credit card transaction details need to be stored for so long on a computer system? I would have thought once TK Maxx had the authorisation code there would be no need to store the card details - amount and auth code would suffice?

€dstowe 13:39 30 Mar 2007

I understand that TK Maxx is a low cost or discount type store - so once again the less well off are being fleeced.

On a slightly different subject, it is pleasing to see a change in the law covering hamper schemes in the wake of what happened last year with Farepak.

anchor 14:13 30 Mar 2007

Another report on the same topic from the Daily Telegraph:

click here

Terry Brown 19:53 30 Mar 2007

The report say's this is the biggest, what about all the others we do not hear about ?.
Terry

interzone55 21:04 30 Mar 2007

I'm not sure why this story has only just reached the mainsteam media, as The Register rported it originally on 19th January click here

Stuartli 22:05 31 Mar 2007

>>I understand that TK Maxx is a low cost or discount type store>>

Almost correct. In fact it sells top brand products at a handsome discount and our local store is always thronged with customers.

The company claims that it is unlikely that many of its UK customers will face any risk with regard to the theft of payment card details.

anchor 16:42 01 Apr 2007

Latest report from the Sunday Times today:

click here

If I had ever used my card at TK Maxx, I would be asking my issuer for a new card, with a new number.

€dstowe 17:51 01 Apr 2007

I wasn't being deliberately obtuse, I honestly had never heard of the company until this scandal was reported.

anchor 15:19 02 Apr 2007

€dstowe; I appears that they have 190 stores in the UK, and 2200 in North America. Quite a large company.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone