Working From Home

Rossi#1 19:29 14 Jan 2007

Is there something I could do using my PC that doesn't involve the words "spam" "scam" or "experienced".
I've been unemployed a few years now and I spend most my day in front of the thing anyway but whatever I Google its always money upfront.
Anyone any ideas?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:36 14 Jan 2007

This has been asked many times and the general consensus is that there is no obvious way. You could offer to scan photos from original copies, onto CD and this could bring in pin money but I'm afraid that is it. There is Ebay but there are very, very few people making any proper money off it and even the ones that say they are seem a bit dubious. If one could make decent money using a computer we would be all at it. If you want to make beer money then it is possible but any decent income forget it.

G

Totally-braindead 19:42 14 Jan 2007

If you are good with the likes of Word you could perhaps create CVs and the like for people but I have to agree that you're not going to get a full time job out of it. Its pocket money at best.
Avoid anything that offers you money and asks for anything up front as they are all cons.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:50 14 Jan 2007

Creating a good CV that is succinct, stands out from the rest of the crud and is readable is an art. I live in a small village and there are 4 people that do this part-time within a mile or two of me and I assume that they do not have much work. It is a lot more than just being on good terms with Word.

G

Rossi#1 19:54 14 Jan 2007

Ah well back to the drawing board then.

Bingalau 21:23 14 Jan 2007

Rossi 1. I do photo improvements for people I know by scanning them into Photoshop and passing away a few hours getting rid of cracks and blemishes etc. But I have never dreamed of charging for this type of work. It's always for friends/relatives etc. As Gandalf has already stated above you could transfer photos to CD's etc. But you certainly would not make a living out of it. I just do it as a pastime and to keep the grey cells ticking over. (Someone will probably say I haven't been very successful in that anyway....... ..Bingalau..

Mr Mistoffelees 21:44 14 Jan 2007

You've not been very successful at keeping the grey cells ticking over.

See, you were right :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?