Words in Green

Kase 14:59 10 Jan 2006

How does it work?, like Modem, Bussiness, Computer and many more. Does it produce an income?. Very interesting.

Kase 15:05 10 Jan 2006

It does not work on incorrect spellings so does it work on made up product names?.

jack 15:49 10 Jan 2006

What please are you talking about?

Are you refering to the green underline in a Word document that Word judges misspelled?
If so it simply has a lexicom of basic english words.
If one is misspelled or a prpoer trade/place name or any word that is not common,is entered that would not be on its list. it will flag it up for you to check your serlf,

Diemmess 15:54 10 Jan 2006

Certain key words on postings in this site become green and bold.
When you hover the mouse cursor over one you will see a balloon with a link name.
Click on it and you are off to someone's website, and I guess they pay a good fee for the publicity.

jack 17:31 10 Jan 2006

Diemmess
Is that what Kase is on about, I was completly thrown because those keywords, simply come up as bold double underlined, No colour at all. the baloon comes up Yellow with the legend 'sponsored Link'greyed out.

So how come the colour /
Is it my brwser[Firefox] or my settings?

ade.h 18:02 10 Jan 2006

I don't see them at all anymore - but they were/are green normally. They must get blocked by either Firefox's settings or maybe Kerio's adblocking.

FUl2tiV3 22:23 10 Jan 2006

they do not appear if javascript is disabled in firefox.

ade.h 22:44 10 Jan 2006

I have script enabled, but only for pcadvisor,com. The other URLS, such as vibrantmedia,com and adserver,adtech,de I have left blocked. So that explains it!

ade.h 22:49 10 Jan 2006

click here if you have Firefox

Kev.Ifty 23:40 10 Jan 2006
  flaming 04:06 11 Jan 2006

I thought as Forum posters are likely to want things to do with PCs it was advertising in a discreet form.
I thought the revenue would contribute to the running of this website. The controlling computer must allow the advertisers to come through link words to save us having to put up with annoying pop-up ads.? It might be a pay-per-hit advertisement. I have clicked on one or two. Are the products endorsed by PCA I wonder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?