A word about the auto-login function...

Forum Editor 17:41 01 Nov 2005

We've tweaked the code on the site.

If you previously selected the 'remember me' option you will have a cookie on your computer (unless you've deleted it). The forum will now detect that cookie, and automatically set your user profile to 'auto login'. The site will then delete your cookie.

Now, your computer will remain logged in, so long as you simply close your browser when you've finished your forum session. If you manually log out of the forum using the 'Log out' link at the top left of this page (underneath the login box) you'll have to manually login next time, although you can then click on your username and select the auto-login option.

I hope that makes sense. If you're uncertain, say so here, and we'll run through it with you.

anskyber 17:48 01 Nov 2005

Fine and thanks for that but I run a clean up programme at browser close down . I can "save" you cookie but can you identify its name or identifier so I know which on it is?

Forum Editor 23:14 01 Nov 2005

Look for your name on the cookie - and BTA_LIVE_PCADVISOR_AUTO_LOGIN_COOKIE

Mr Mistoffelees 17:11 02 Nov 2005

is just the job :-)

Kuching 21:21 01 May 2006

I have followed your instructions, FE, but failed to get auto login despite several attempts. I read that the option may be overridden by my profile settings. What exactly is 'profile settings' and how do I alter that?

Mr Mistoffelees 21:45 01 May 2006

Click on your username at the top left of the screen and you will see it at the bottom of your details.

SG Atlantis® 23:32 01 May 2006

I have my fingerprint reader set up to log me in if I'm not already.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:29 02 May 2006

If you don't want to keep the cookie you can set your homepage to auto log in

h t t p : // w w w. pcadvisor .co.uk/account/login/index.cfm?action=login&email=[email protected][email protected]um%26forumid%3D1

(The '1' at the very end of this URL - yes, the bit after %3D - specifies the forum.

1. Helproom.
2. ConsumerWatch.
3. Digitalworld
4. speakers Corner
5. Webdesign
6. Networking
7. Absolute Beginners

Helproom

click here=(your emailaddress)&password=(yourpassword)&originurl=%2Fforums%2Findex.cfm%3Faction%3Dshowforum%26forumid%3D1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017