Wireless mains !!!!!

User-323DD18A-7F3A-40CB-831552A08EC2790E 00:54 21 Nov 2004

I recently went to a customers home to repair some equipment. They had several items, and I was pleased to see that they were useing a 4 way extension connector. Whilst checking the mains plug etc. I noticed that there was no mains lead going into the extension block,but there were 4 items plugged into the extension. As you may have already guessed, the power to the extension was being supplied via one of the mains plugs. So, if anyone had pulled the plug out they would have got quite a shock. You think you,ve seen everything, but theres always something new to surprise you. Any more horror stories out there?

kev.Ifty 01:47 21 Nov 2004

Sorry me no understand!

€dstowe 08:23 21 Nov 2004

On the subject of wireless, a friend told me recently of an idea he'd had of permanently wiring in the battery charger to a cordless keyboard and mouse set.

It took a few minutes for him to realise the futility of this.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:16 21 Nov 2004

My Grandmother used to refuse to take plugs out of sockets because she thought electricity was like water and would leak out of the socket.

G

Forum Editor 10:36 21 Nov 2004

In a similar vein, a private client of mine will not leave an empty socket switched on - she also thinks that a socket with no plug in it will leak electricity into the air if it's switched on. Nothing I say has ever convinced her otherwise.

The guy had one length of mains cable with a 3 pin mains plug at each end.This was how he supplied the mains to the extension block. It is more normal to hardwire the unit.

kev.Ifty 21:10 21 Nov 2004

I read your post a couple of times, but just could not get the point, until after i posted!!

If only we had a edit button.

Cheers Kev.

Dorsai 19:31 24 Nov 2004

If they had killed them self, it would have been evolution in action.

Pity the rest of the houshold though, living with such a dangerous DIY'er

Starfox 23:37 01 Dec 2004

many years ago,once read that a lot of electical wastage was through heat build up so he used to go round with a garden spray filled with water to spray all the light bubs to keep them cool thus saving energy.He gave up when one of them exploded in his face!

Starfox 23:39 01 Dec 2004

or even electrical wastage

Steve- 09:27 10 Dec 2004

Does all this mean I have to get rid of my 13Amp to Crocodile clips lead???!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017