Winter Clothes

laurie53 16:35 28 Mar 2009

I've just seen my first ever ermine.

Seen stoats many times in all parts of the country, but never in its winter coat until now.

Quite engaging, even if they are nasty vicious little devils!

wiz-king 16:49 28 Mar 2009

Been visiting the upper house then?

Forum Editor 18:43 28 Mar 2009

Where was this, if you don't mind me asking?

It must be wildlife week - two days ago I came down to breakfast to be treated to the sight of a huge heron lifting off from my pond. It had taken around a dozen fair-sized fish over several days, but I hadn't spotted it until then. As far as I know it's the first time a heron has fished the pond, and if I have anything to do with it there won't be a second. Mind you, I'm not sure I can stop it, now that it knows there's a tasty meal awaiting.

laurie53 19:10 28 Mar 2009

Crossing an minor unclassified road in the Howe of Fife.

I've had a heron prospecting the garden pond a few years ago (I managed to establish a viable frog population,) but it's quite small and reasonably close to the house so it never actually landed.

Forum Editor 19:13 28 Mar 2009

I usually have dozens and dozens of spawning frogs in the pond, but this year has been terrible - only about half a dozen. I'm wondering if it's the result of this frog virus/fungal infection.

wiz-king 19:43 28 Mar 2009

click here do an install while the wife is out, sit in study to watch the fun when she comes back. *grin*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?