Winners losers make losers winners

Ungus 09:38 12 Jun 2017

The torys win the election Labour increase there seats In Scotland the SNP win more seats than the rest put together. So according to the media the torys won but lost the SNP in Scottish tetms won but lost. The DUP a party with known terrorist sympathies with ten seats will run the country and probably crucify Mrs May into the bargain. Winners become losers and losers become winners 10 orangemen will hold the British to ransome in a coalition of a different kind. Labour SNP bad Conservative DUP good. What a mistake Mrs May has made she has given the SNP a bloody knose only to get into bed with an extreme right wing protestant organisation that makes some of us of a different faith shudder. The europeans must be looking on in disbelief and thinking who exactly are ee negotiating with the British government or the orange order. ( i jest with the last bit)

morddwyd 10:40 12 Jun 2017

What?

Cymro. 10:44 12 Jun 2017

Politicians are primarily pragmatists especially the Tories so May will get in to bed with anyone anytime to try and stay in power. Her first rule is to gain power and her second rule is to stay in power. I don't see why anyone is so surprised by this as the DUP are much more similar to the UK Tory party than some will remember.

wee eddie 11:20 12 Jun 2017

Welcome to the world that, if we had Proportional Representation, would be the norm

Ungus 12:56 12 Jun 2017

Cymro getting into bed with DUP will look like the Westminster government has taken sides to Sinn Fein and that in turn could ruin the peace process especialy as the DUP are arguing for more orange marches. The peace process in not by any means perfect but up to now it has helped maintain a sense of order with much fewer imcidents. The family i have on both sides of the border have a better future i would hate to see this coalition or supply and demand agreement place it all at risk. A return to the orange orders triumphalism of the past would not be good for any body their or here especially some parts of Scotland where the order has been in steady decline although the were trying to whip up the protestant Labour vote in Scotland to vote conservative will have to wait a while to see if this did happen or was wishful thinking. I dont think the DUP are anything like English torys they are ecclusively hard line presbyterians.

oresome 13:55 12 Jun 2017

I don't think anyone would argue that it's an ideal situation but what's the alternative in the short term?

Forum Editor 14:22 12 Jun 2017

"What a mistake Mrs May has made she has given the SNP a bloody knose only to get into bed with an extreme right wing protestant organisation that makes some of us of a different faith shudder."

Shudder away, but paranoid comments like that are meaningless in this context. The working arrangement between the government and the DUP will, in the end, come down to one thing - money for Northern Ireland. It will have little or nothing to do with religious views, and it's pointless trying to put that kind of spin on it.

john bunyan 18:23 12 Jun 2017

The Scottish vote was 60% or more for Unionist parties. Yes the SNP had most seats but the idea of Indyref 2 must be off the agenda for now. It is uncomfortable that the DUP are involved; I am not sure why the Lib Dems will not play with the Tories again.

Quickbeam 18:24 12 Jun 2017

"Welcome to the world that, if we had Proportional Representation, would be the norm"

OK by me! The sooner we dump our divisive adversarial system for consensus the better.

canarieslover 20:21 12 Jun 2017

Quickbeam

We would end up with camels instead of racehorses. So many agendas that nothing would get done. It would make a dictatorship seem desirable.

x123 20:29 12 Jun 2017

the SNP had most seats but the idea of Indyref 2 must be off the agenda for now.

In denial?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros