Windows XP SP3

Mike D 09:17 23 Apr 2008

I've posted here, but I'm not sure whether this should be in Helproom. With the soon to be released SP3, does anyone know if we will see problems similar to those that attended the release of SP2, where drivers had to be updated etc.?

belfman 09:24 23 Apr 2008

SP3 is not on the same scale as SP2 was, there might be some niggles but not many.

georgemac © 09:51 23 Apr 2008

I've installed SP3 beta on a few machines with absolutely no problems whatsoever, including a couple of very old machines

Stuartli 10:18 23 Apr 2008

Why not go to this website's Home page and click on Top Story?

Mike D 10:45 23 Apr 2008

Thanks guys!

Stuartli, I have read the article, but I seem to remember that at the time of SP2's launch, magazines were waxing lyrical about its virtues, whilst a sizeable minority were asking for help on this forum, with many of us having to uninstall sp2 and wait for (in the case of Canon) months for the service pack to be usable on our systems.

Mike

Stuartli 13:13 23 Apr 2008

The RC2 version of SP3 has been in use on my system since the day it was launched.

I've had no problems although I did do a thorough defrag both before and after its installation.

If you are not happy, it can be removed from Add/Remove Programs.

However, in general, SP3 is basically a collection of all the updates etc released since SP2, plus a small number of additional features.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?