Will you watch this, it's free?

Cymro. 14:14 12 Aug 2017

BBC News

So will you be one of those who watch this tonight? Personally I live where not much sky is visible from our house and I am not so interested as to go out at night to see such things. Better things to do in the dark!

Forum Editor 14:44 12 Aug 2017

I'll be out there if the sky is clear.

Quickbeam 15:10 12 Aug 2017

If I don't do the usual and fall asleep on the settee until the early hours!

Aitchbee 18:18 12 Aug 2017

Yes. I'll be walking up to a relatively dark, secluded area near to my home to make my observations in the wee small hours. This area is earmarked for a big housing development very soon, so I'd better make the most of it.

PS. It'll be a long night as I plan to watch the athletics and golf as well!

rdave13 22:49 12 Aug 2017

will wait until midnight clear night sky so far.

bumpkin 23:36 12 Aug 2017

Lucky to see the Sun (daytime) or the Moon let alone a few bits of shrapnel with this so called Summer.

rdave13 00:47 13 Aug 2017

nothing seen. usually a white line skimming across the sky. Seen quite a few in my time but disappointed tonight as on holiday and waited a few hours with my teenager son.

Next year perhapse.

rdave13 00:48 13 Aug 2017

nothing seen. usually a white line skimming across the sky. Seen quite a few in my time but disappointed tonight as on holiday and waited a few hours with my teenager son.

Next year perhapse.

Aitchbee 02:14 13 Aug 2017

I was out staring upwards at the heavens due south between 1am and 2am. wow! Saw one really bright fireball streak and about 5 shorter-lived, less-bright meteor streaks, all moving from north to south. Luckily, the light from the full moon did not hinder me too much as it was way over in the eastern sky and not in my field-of-view.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires