Will it never end...

ray7 11:53 05 Nov 2008

A previous forum member asked 'what next' in the Health and safety saga. Could this be his answer

click here

Bingalau 12:10 05 Nov 2008

It looks to me as if not enough people are buying new ones from the shop.. So it is a money making gimmick. Take your own which you will get cheaper elsewhere.

DANZIG 12:11 05 Nov 2008

I went on a Basic Food Hygiene course a few weeks ago and the lass who was educating us agreed with me when I said that we are becoming too obsessed with cleanliness these days.

She also agreed when I said that this current obsession is weakening our immune systems - and anyway, who ever caught a disease from a floatation device?????

interzone55 12:16 05 Nov 2008

Whilst people continue to sue councils for thousands in compensation for minor injuries after "tripping" over broken paving, councils will have to continue in removing everything that could possibly cause us injury.

We have no one to blame but ourselves...

ray7 12:25 05 Nov 2008

Whilst I agree with you as a general view, it appears that this is not the case in this instance. To me, it smacks as a money making exercise disguised as health and safety

'However, these are available for a small fee from our pool reception areas'
'We are not worried about getting sued, it is simply a hygiene issue.'

interzone55 14:28 05 Nov 2008

Money making as opposed to money wasting.

They sell floats instead of buying them and having them ruined or stolen.
Council tax payers should congratulate them instead running to the press...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie