Will it make a difference

Kevscar1 10:22 30 Dec 2008

How many millions of cars in the world.
How many thousands of Aircraft.

I have been trying to get a Patio heater for tomorrow night but 2 companies say they ae no longer selling them due to global warming

Is a few less patio heaters really going to make a difference. I mean the swimming pool heater will be on for about 6 hrs to get the waer up to 90.

johndrew 10:44 30 Dec 2008

Wasting energy when there is a shortage is not only inconsiderate but totally stupid. A patio heater is not effective unless you are very close to it and who in their right mind is going to go swimming at this time of year.

If you want to do something to replace the energy you are willing to waste outside, how about you turn off your central heating for a few days.

Quickbeam 11:36 30 Dec 2008

We used one at Christmas on the patio, but inside a gazebo to retain heat for the antisocial smokers in the family... their very own faggery.

donki 11:56 30 Dec 2008

Hmmmmm using a patio heater is "is not only inconsiderate but totally stupid", that is a well that is a well constructed response. if someone is willing to pay for the electricity used to power a patio heater who are you to call him stupid??

As for heating a pool on a NYE (for a party a presume?) I wouldnt say no to a quick dip.

Kevscar1 12:02 30 Dec 2008

johndrew
How about you turning yours off. We do not have Central heating in this house. 2 Convector heaters on timers which run for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. So I will use a lot less energy than you do.

donki
Yes it's for a party all but one of the family will be here so we are all going to jump in the pool at midnight.

Quickbeam 12:25 30 Dec 2008

"we are all going to jump in the pool at midnight."
You are aware that the temperature forecast for New Year is 5 below...?
Beware of squirrels seeking acorns;)

Kevscar1 12:44 30 Dec 2008

Thats why I wanted a Patio Heater for when we get out.

johndrew 13:28 30 Dec 2008

Patio heaters use gas as their fuel.

And you should think of the effectiveness of attempting to heat a large volume of ambient air in cold conditions. Physics says that heat rises.

johndrew 13:31 30 Dec 2008

`We do not have Central heating in this house.`

But you have a swimming pool which is electrically heated?

Something wrong with your priorities unless you live in the tropics, in which case you shouldn`t need to heat the pool.

Kevscar1 13:46 30 Dec 2008

johndrew

Wrong again bottled gas. Please get your facts right before critising people.

Kevscar1 13:59 30 Dec 2008

fourm member
Thanks ordered 95% chance of delivery tomorrow or I can pick it up from DHL who are less tha a mile away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?