Why no Android qnd Jave forums ?

Dragon_Heart 03:17 23 Oct 2013

One for the FE ?

Why do we not have a dedicated forums for the Android and Java platforms ?

morddwyd 10:53 23 Oct 2013

Don't know about java, but that many de4dicated Android forums available, even sub-forums for the different incarnations

Try Googling. I'm sure you'll find soemthing

spuds 12:00 23 Oct 2013

If you notice there are already 14 sections to the PCA forum website, and some of those are already under-subscribed, looking at the last posting dates on some. Making further additions or sections might overload the system even further?.

As morddwyd suggested, there are already a number of websites catering for your request. It just takes a little Googling in finding perhaps the right one's for you?.

lotvic 12:12 23 Oct 2013

I doubted, so I googled 'soemthing' and much to my surprise - Yes I did find soemthing

Forum Editor 14:59 23 Oct 2013

I think we need fewer forum areas, not more.

cream. 18:56 23 Oct 2013

"I think we need fewer forum areas, not more."

True.

So whats for the chop?

Or amalgamate vista, 7 and 8 into the helproom.

Digital and mobile could merge.

Dragon_Heart 23:38 28 Oct 2013

"I think we need fewer forum areas, not more"

Mmmmmmmmmm !

So 'P C Advisor' is not interested in catching some of the readership potential from the millions of users of Java & Android or even open source operating systems ?

They do all have one thing in common.

Forum Editor 23:49 28 Oct 2013

"So 'P C Advisor' is not interested in catching some of the readership potential from the millions of users of Java & Android or even open source operating systems ?"

Why do you draw that conclusion? Those people can just as easily post in the Helproom if they need assistance, or the Mobile Phone help forum.

Dragon_Heart 00:17 29 Oct 2013

"Why do you draw that conclusion? Those people can just as easily post in the Helproom if they need assistance, or the Mobile Phone help forum."

Read more: click here answer with another question " Why then have dedicated forums for a number of Microsoft operating systems at all ? "

If you have these why not for the likes of Java ?

If PCA need to tidy the forums then simply cut these dedicated Microsoft forums and include them in the 'Helproom'.

I

Forum Editor 08:03 29 Oct 2013

"If you have these why not for the likes of Java ?"

Simply because over the history of the forums we have had huge numbers of people wanting help with Windows, and relatively few queries about Java.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone