Why is it?

MAJ 22:21 13 Mar 2011

That Professor Brian Cox's hour-long programme "Wonders of the Universe", shown on BBC2, only seems to last about five minutes.

spuds 22:31 13 Mar 2011

Perhaps he is good at his job, and holding an audience can be a skillful art. If the subject and the way it is explained is not on the same level to those listening, then the whole lot can be doomed. Time drags if you are bored, but if you are not bored, then time seems to pass quickly.

Or at least, that is what I think, possibly from previous experiences!.

uk-wizard 05:36 14 Mar 2011

Thats because his voice usually sends me to sleep after five minutes.

Aitchbee 08:01 14 Mar 2011

His delivery reminds me of the late Carl Sagan.

Which brings me to question...

Is the cosmos the same as the universe?

morddwyd 08:25 14 Mar 2011

On a similar "why is it" theme, isn't it peculiar how different presenters have different effects on different people?

I too find Cox, not the programme, totally boring and soporific.

Similarly I cannot watch anything with Griff Rhys Jones in it without a serious risk of putting my foot through the TV, and Kate Humble has me to screaming pitch in less that five seconds!

They're both very competent, popular presenters, but not for me.

Aitchbee 08:51 14 Mar 2011

You have hit a raw nerve!

Will be back with (my) comprehensive list of TV personalities who should be put out to graize.

morddwyd 09:16 14 Mar 2011

Oh Dear!

Sorry Maj

Toneman 13:57 14 Mar 2011

Seemed to be a lot of padding to very little actual detail in last night's programme.I switched off early, but he didn't seem to say anything about electrons as part of the atom. I appear to be missing a lot now..anno dominoes?

Forum Editor 16:45 14 Mar 2011

with (my) comprehensive list of TV personalities who should be put out to graize."

Please don't bother. We're not about to start a 'here's my list of people I don't like' discussion.

Certain people irritate all of us, and in the past a few names have cropped up in discussions. Lists however are not particularly nice, and we're not having them.

Pineman100 18:55 14 Mar 2011

I find Brian Cox's programme absolutely enthralling. I just wish the BBC would stop trailing it after (seemingly) every blasted Radio 4 programme.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 14 Mar 2011

"Wonders of the Universe", shown on BBC2, only seems to last about five minutes.

Because time is "relative" --- didn't you atch the first one of the series?

:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017