Why has PC Advisor started Tweeting?

paul trotter 13:54 16 Feb 2009

click here

Wary as we are of jumping on the bandwagon, we think the new PCA feed could be useful. For those of you who use Twitter, what would you like us to do with it?

Paul Trotter, Editor

sunnystaines 14:01 16 Feb 2009

having read your link none the wiser on "twitter" could some one explain in simple english please. Is it a blog of somesort.

paul trotter 15:00 16 Feb 2009

Well spotted. I should have said "used by less than 7% of the PCA readers who use social networking services".

superhoops 15:06 16 Feb 2009

is twitter

anskyber 16:11 16 Feb 2009

"what would you like us to do with it?"

Very brave Paul in view of the comments which some can make here!

On a more serious note just keep it light and chatty perhaps offering some real time thoughts in the office on emerging subjects, even if it is conjecture. The last thing we need is rounded prose and it is a great place for general opinion outside of the normal editorial strings.

What do folk really think of W7, Apple iPhone, the state of the nation or whatever. I think it allows us to see what rumbles on behind the professional exterior.

Si_L 16:22 16 Feb 2009

click here

Cheers anskyber :)

sunnystaines 17:03 16 Feb 2009

thanks for link, its not something i would use.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:26 16 Feb 2009

Twitter? didn't that get Stephen Fry out of a bit of bother in a stuck lift recently?

Kemistri 17:31 16 Feb 2009

At least two respondents who don't know what Twitter is about? Maybe a generational gap, I guess.

Even if you don't use it, you can't really miss hearing/reading about it now. I don't like Facebook, MySpace, et al, but Twitter is very different, nicer to use and an efficient use of time.

The Brigadier 17:36 16 Feb 2009

twitchers i've heard of!

robgf 19:40 16 Feb 2009

Interesting, I had heard of Twitter, but until now didn't know what it was.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't it just like a links page?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?