Who would you recommend on Twitter?

David Price 18:12 24 Jan 2011

Do you use Twitter? If the answer is yes, then we're looking for your help.

For this month's Top 10 websites feature, PC Advisor is looking at 'Tweeters'. We want you to recommend the best people to follow on Twitter.

So who's worth a read? Add the name of your favourite Twitter account to this forum thread (or email it to [email protected]), along with the reason you'd recommend it - whether you find them informative, funny, odd or insightful, or any other quality that makes you keep on reading.

We'll print the top 10 in the next issue of PC Advisor, and whoever recommends our favourite will win a prize.

Talking of prizes, congratulations to dagbladet, who picks up this month's plaudits for recommending the food-related blog 'Egg, Bacon, Chips and Beans' (click here).

I've sent you an email, dagbladet, but if you should miss that and see this, feel free to get in touch and we'll send you something nice.

Thanks to dagbladet, not to mention the other forum members and readers who recommended food websites, and good luck to this month's recommenders.

mr simon 18:24 24 Jan 2011

I followed the Justin Halpern twitter for a while, extremely funny: click here

mr simon 18:26 24 Jan 2011

Forgot to mention, above link contains course language, so don't click if you are of the easily offended variety.

ella33 20:33 24 Jan 2011

When I first started on Twitter, somebody recommended Philip Schofield to me, partly because his website gives a compehensive overview, or in other words step by step guide to using Twitter!
I have continued following him because of his light hearted tweets and comments about reality shows (so it doesn't matter if I have missed something)

ella33 20:37 24 Jan 2011

Forgot to add that his name is Schofe

click here

lebeeuk 23:07 24 Jan 2011

Already tweeted it to you but one of the best to follow is definitely Stephen Fry, his tweets are amusing & informative, morning, noon & night, no matter where he is. He was tweeting from Israel last week.

jakimo 16:06 25 Jan 2011

Not likely to find your 5 a day in a greasy spoon

ella33 09:02 26 Jan 2011

I have found the question on twitter but can't find any of the replies. They would be interesting to read. The link brought me back here!

David Price 14:28 28 Feb 2011

I've written up the recommendations - Top 10 Twitter feeds worth following

click here

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

David Price
PCA

wee eddie 16:01 28 Feb 2011

to admit that their 'Tweets' are being managed by their Secretary, Manager or another Member of their Staff.

ella33 17:27 01 Mar 2011

Thanks for posting the results :-)

I did see the link on twitter too yesterday. Quite a variety of different types of tweet, or reasons for tweeting!

I did forget to add that my favourite is an old workmate. We found each other tweeting and had a laugh, for the first time in I don't know how many years. I don't know if twitter is open to abuse as much as facebook, maybe I should start a thread and tweet about it too, as it does seem a good way of sharing, which facebook is but not in the same way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?