who will defend free speech

Phphred 08:32 02 Apr 2007

click here

This looks interesting

egapup 08:37 02 Apr 2007

Free speech in a free country......i remember that...how times have changed.

royalflush 10:35 02 Apr 2007

"Phphred" Your having a good go at Society aint you.but i respect your oppinions & after all your points DO raise so intresting issues,Yep having read the link i do agree that there isnt such a thing as free speech anymore its all about offending/racisim/gender/age & many others,i think maybe 20/15 years ago we was a much more relaxed country where even certain films would gain success by over emphasising Racism/gender/age & sexuality one for example was "Blazing Saddles 1974" i loved the film but you find it hard to get a film without some kinda criticism been used towards a third "Party","WHO DO WE BLAME" i am not realy sure is it us is it them (Goverment) for changing laws i dont realy know some laws needed to be changed but i am very hesitant as to why we live in a UK that is slowly but surely going to be a "Blue Copy" of USA where we can sue anyone for nearly anything,take for example the story of a few years ago when a charity group wanted to go for a sponsored walk on the "Hadrians Wall" in Cumbria they couldnt get permision until someone from the council walked down the exact path that the sponsers was going to walk down to check for "RABBIT HOLES" again "Reg's" that maybe need to be addressed....

Phphred 10:45 02 Apr 2007

royalflush: It is bad enough having it now in our Laws, but that Ms Ryan needs something doing to her, Like a good whisper in her earole what is more they get paid for dropping clangers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?