Whitney Dies & Fame

Input Overload 01:30 12 Feb 2012
Answered

Whitney Houston

Tonight I thought how lucky I am not to have the pressure of being famous, sad to see her die & I'm really glad I'm not rich or famous. It seems the pressure is great? Too great for me I think.

Driving home from a visit to relatives I counted my blessings instead of what I haven't got.

theDarkness 02:00 12 Feb 2012
Answer

I couldnt find much info aside from 'having an overdose' 15 mins ago-sad to hear. I dont think shes had much media attention in the last few years? I expect the media to take advantage of this recent news with some greatest hits collections released for xmas or far sooner

Quickbeam 11:35 12 Feb 2012

'...or far sooner'

The music industry won't let St Valentines day escape them without realising the cash potential of another rock n' roll death bonus.

Quickbeam 11:37 12 Feb 2012

That reads even more cynical than I thought it possibly could.

Aitchbee 11:48 12 Feb 2012

QB - how is that possible in a day and a half?

Aitchbee 12:45 12 Feb 2012

fm - wot's that todo wiv St. Valentine's Day?

spuds 14:20 12 Feb 2012

Over the past few years, and perhaps after the film success, she as been a very troubled lady. Only a couple of weeks ago, there were photographs and media reports about how 'ill' she was becoming!.

Perhaps the strains of re-inventing herself for this forthcoming celebrity event, finally took its toll. But I wondered really know this, just possibly another one of those wild guesses?.

spuds 14:22 12 Feb 2012

wondered = would not?.

Blackhat 14:57 12 Feb 2012

She may have drowned in the bath.

Found in bath

Forum Editor 15:10 12 Feb 2012

Whatever the cause of her death, nothing can detract from the fact that she had a truly stunning voice. The kind of singing voice that doesn't come along too often.

rickf 16:10 12 Feb 2012

She was a sad woman and fame and money did not make her contented. You could tell from her last concerts in which she was off key and booed. Her personal liofe was a disaster, she just wasn't cut out for fame and fortune like so many before her. Great voice at her height.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017