Where's it gone

wiz-king 16:13 03 Aug 2009

New poll was up a couple of minutes ago - typed my answer and the poll has been nicked.

"D*** - answered in less than a minute and was still number two!"

paul trotter 16:15 03 Aug 2009

Looks like we're having some teething problems with a new feature which links poll results to forum threads. I'll take a look at it now.

paul trotter 16:23 03 Aug 2009

Right, let's try that again!

click here

Autoschediastic 18:11 03 Aug 2009

Also too add im not sure if its my browser (IE8) BUT i get a white blank screen EVERYTIME i login to PCA home page.? its only when i refresh the page that it shows the correct details?

Forum Editor 18:36 03 Aug 2009

What happens when you tick the box to stay logged in - do you still get the blank screen when you arrive on the homepage?

You can tick the box by going to the 'My Profile' link at the top right of this page, in the red banner. Click on that link and scroll down your profile page until you see the tick box.

Autoschediastic 21:23 03 Aug 2009

FE im STILL the same as MidgetNinja!

Any ideas.?

Autoschediastic 21:24 03 Aug 2009

Midgetninja i dont suppose your using Windows 7 are you.?

Managing ed 10:16 04 Aug 2009

For those of you having the problem with IE8. When you say the page is white, do you mean the entire window, or the content inside the PC Advisor frame (ie - are the blue bars or the PCA logo, or the lefthand navigation links present). If it's just the content within the frame, and it's fixed when you refresh, it's a bandwidth issue at your end. The page is loading, but very slowly. It's more likely to occur when there is a flash-heavy element such as an ad at the top of the page. Obviously, we'll do what we can to reduce the burden on your connection if this is a problem for multiple users. If, however, the entire browser window is white, and it's not resolving, we have something a little more sinister to look into. Could you let me know?

Matt Egan
Managing Editor

Autoschediastic 10:38 04 Aug 2009

Hold on il take a screen shot BRB

Autoschediastic 12:30 04 Aug 2009

Here we go guys! NOTE the Address its trying to connect with on the bottom left of the screen.???

click here

smartpoly 12:55 04 Aug 2009

I have been having this problem for a few days on my home pc, IE8, it has now started to happen on my works pc, IE7.

Getting more amd more regular as the day goes on!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?