Where would you most like to live?

Cymro. 12:52 06 Oct 2009

click here

I think we had a thread about something similar some time before, but anyway the choice is yours. Where is it to be for you then?. Personally I think you would have to go a very long way to beat the good old UK warts and all.

But assuming I had a good enough income to maintain a reasonable standard of living and I could talk the native language I might consider one of the Scandinavian countries, or how about New Zealand or perhaps Canada.

I think I would soon tire of some so called tropical paradise. A change in the weather now and again is not such a bad thing even if where I live in North Wales the change we get most often is from warm rain to cold rain.

interzone55 14:44 06 Oct 2009

The nicest place I've visited is Cape Cod, so assuming I had a wheelbarrow full of cash I'd like a nice beach-side house on Martha's Vineyard.

click here

Quickbeam 14:53 06 Oct 2009

I rather liked the notion of 'Outer Utopia' that got mentioned recently:)

DANZIG 16:45 06 Oct 2009

Theres a guy on Facebook that I regularly talk to that I used to go to school with.

He's a fan of taking pictures, as am I, and some of the scenery where he lives in New Zealand is simply stunning!

It gets my vote anyway!

SimpleSimon1 16:49 06 Oct 2009

1) Peak District (Hathersage/Eyam area)

or

2) Vancouver Island

Would be very happy in either

Forum Editor 17:42 06 Oct 2009

that I visit regularly

OR

ditto North Norfolk coast.

One day I intend to fulfil the dream....but not for a while.

Noldi 17:56 06 Oct 2009

Sandbanks if not out on the Yorkshire moors would be nice.

If not in the UK I think the Canadian Klondike with a litte engineering workshop.

Noldi

bremner 18:06 06 Oct 2009

In a small quiet Devon village, with picturesque thatched cottages surrounded by beautiful countryside. Friendly people and a local pub within easy walking distance.

Snec 18:09 06 Oct 2009

I live in the Peak District and love it but if I were younger I would go to New Zealand like a shot.

wolfie3000 18:17 06 Oct 2009

I have lived in a small village all my life but would love to move to a big city like London or New York.

Small country villages are ok if you want peace but are so boring, there's nothing to do and the shops are terrible.

Give me the fast paced life of a vibrant city any day.

DieSse 18:37 06 Oct 2009

I already live where I generally want to live. Why would I choose somewhere else.

I always thought the point in life is to do what you like doing and live where you want to live. If you don't get that right (or close enough that you're happy with the compromise) then you should be looking to change things.

South-east Spain, BTW.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?