Where would you like to live?

spuds 11:47 07 Oct 2006

Are you more than happy with dear old UK, or would a tropical, perhaps a colder, or more hostile or even a friendlier scene be more to your liking.

North, South, East or West of this globe. Perhaps you have been there before, or watched a documentary or travel brochure. Where would you choose, either now or perhaps in your retirement plans?.

spuds 12:22 07 Oct 2006

pattoo-- Have some friends holidaying there click here at this moment.Their second trip in 10 months.

Dizzy Bob 12:31 07 Oct 2006

50 yards from the sea, in a small village near Bognor Regis. Beautiful Sussex Downs nearby, and Brighton 45 minutes away if I fancy something more 'exciting'

Fantastic place to bring up my two children, god schools, 20 minutes 'commute' to work.

Lovely!

DB

Dizzy Bob 12:32 07 Oct 2006

*good schools!

FRCS 12:53 07 Oct 2006

I'm looking to move from London to the West Country mainly as i want to get out of London and move closer to family.

spikeychris 13:04 07 Oct 2006

Canada - I was offered a job and pleaded with Mrs spikeychris to go. She's a Lancashire girl - that means a move of half a mile is a great upheaval that requires counselling with months of psychoanalysis.

Forum Editor 13:43 07 Oct 2006

on the North Norfolk coast - between Titchwell and Sheringham.

I hesitate to talk about it too much in case thousands of people move there, and spoil the solitude.

Selfish, moi?

FRCS 13:43 07 Oct 2006

Trouble i have is i can only move if i can get a Consultants post of the same grade as i am now. I really don not want to go down to Snr Reg after spending the last 7 years leading a great team of people. But i would mover to |Somerset tomorrow if the right job came up.

ade.h 13:59 07 Oct 2006

Chris - ROFL! If you had gone, I for one would be jealous. Lovely country. I have some relatives who moved to Victoria on Vancouver Island in the 70s, when it was easier to get entry, and they love it so much.

ade.h 14:01 07 Oct 2006

Actually, I say easier - it was for them because they were both employed by a Canadian company. The company stationed them in Africa for a year, which they hated, but it functioned as a stepping stone when they decided not to come back to the UK.

Totally-braindead 14:07 07 Oct 2006

I think I would miss dear old dreary, constantly raining Scotland ( shouldn't really say that after the fantastic year we have had I suppose )but if I had a choice of where to leave I would seriously consider Greece. Thinking primarily of a place called Plakias on the South coast of Crete. Heres a website dedicated to it click here I fell in love with the place last time I was there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017