Where there's a will, there a way..

josie mayhem 21:34 03 Apr 2005

Well chuffed tonight...

Mission impossiable now completed after days of frustration, and several very late nights!! or shall I say very early mornings..

Mission, transfer vhs tape to dvd's for hubby, found a cheap scart to rca plug to connect up the video to my computer. Then the fun began...

Ended up buying a sata hard drive, 120g (and a promise that I might be allowed another one later) Slight hassel getting my head around setting it up. Then I managed to get a 10 min transfered (using feebie software and took several hours to complete) but that ended out of syn, big time and keep frezing. So brought nero 6 reloaded...

Didnt like my dvd drive, everytime I tried to burn, it started to spit the disk in and out. So at 2.30 in the morning I decided that it was kill or cure time. And up-dated the drive firmware, which provided me with the cure.

To cut a long story as short as possible, Several uninstalls and reinstalls of different software, and hours of searching. Then a total reformat of reinstallation of xp and software. A case of, sort one issuse out and then created another issue.

But I managed to sort it, today have now transfered 20 miniutes of vhs tape of music to dvd and it plays on the cheapie dvd player, which I have run through the main dvd player which is a cimema surround effort and it sounds goooood real good....

So I am one hell of a happy bunny, the only problem left now, is getting a new, surround dvd player that will play the disks and also record (for telly purposes)?

Kev.Ifty 21:49 03 Apr 2005

I'm saving up my 'beans' for one of these!

click here

:~)

Buchan 35 23:28 05 Apr 2005

Wot abaht Sunday dinner Mum?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?