Where to see the big game?

Cymro. 11:35 27 Jun 2010

My son is going down to the pub to watch it. He says the atmosphere is better there than at home. I have been invited to a barbecue party to watch on a specially arranged big screen telly. I wonder what the picture will be like outside in this bright sunshine. Anyway as someone who does not like football I have said no thanks. So assuming you are a football fan where will you watch the game?

sunnystaines 11:38 27 Jun 2010

if i were a fan i would watch indoors, the glare of the sun will spoil the picture unless you put a canopy found the screen to shade it.

Kevscar1 11:45 27 Jun 2010

The big game ocurred at Wimbledon during the week not today. Sorry you won't get any Englishman with that heart and determination today.

dagbladet 11:55 27 Jun 2010

"Sorry you won't get any Englishman with that heart and determination today"

Oh dear.

Quickbeam 12:04 27 Jun 2010

On the radio as I have to go out this afternoon. After the first two that I watched I can't bring myself to up the enthusiasm much as the opposition between now and the final will require a massive improvement in attitude and ability, much more than the last win game.

In the meantime I'm marinating a nice Panama hat just in case...

Forum Editor 13:59 27 Jun 2010

with that heart and determination today."

What rubbish.

I shall watch the game at home - doors to the garden open, a chair by the pond,in my favourite spot by a great swathe of lavender, so I can relax at half time and watch the damsel flies flitting over the water lilies.

sunnystaines 14:02 27 Jun 2010

when i first saw this post i thought you were off on safari .

sunnystaines 14:03 27 Jun 2010

your thread drifted abit what did you do in the end.

Forum Editor 14:05 27 Jun 2010

The game isn't until later this afternoon.

Armchair 14:41 27 Jun 2010

I'm watching it at home. Hope it's as entertaining as the two matches yesterday. I never bother with all the build-up/expert predictions bits.

Looking forward to tonight's Argentina v Mexico game, too, whatever the result of this afternoon's game happens to be.

Big L 266 15:31 27 Jun 2010

Hello.

I'll see the football in the news bulletins when 90 minutes is condensed down into a few minutes which is bearable for this non-footie fan - anyway it clashes with 'Deal Or No Deal' on C4 at 4.40pm!

Big L 266

P.S.Its exceptionally quiet here in Spalding. Are Poland in the World Cup and playing as well and England today?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017