where to buy some new mower tyres.

bumpkin 18:09 24 Aug 2014

Hi everyone, I have been trying to find some new tyres and tubes for my ride on mower. The tyres are marked 10x4.00 4. small things. Tried the internet by can't find anyone that has these. Tyre sizes are confusing and there may be an equivalent. Can anyone help please.

spuds 18:36 24 Aug 2014

Have a look on Ebay or Amazon. I bought some tyres for a mobility scooter recently, much cheaper that the local mobility wanted to charge. More than happy, when they arrived with next day delivery.

The next thing is a new battery, which I already have my eye on, via a Ebay seller with good feedbacks.

bumpkin 19:28 24 Aug 2014

Thanks, I have been looking for some time, mower struggles on with a fill of tyre weld every time it is used but front tyres have had it really. I replaced the rear bigger ones a few months back with no problem But just cannot find anyone that has the smaller sizes. I will have another search or will have to go to the local mower center which is the most miserable and unhelpful and expensive place imaginable

john bunyan 19:39 24 Aug 2014

I expect you have seen this site:

All terrain tyres

bumpkin 20:04 24 Aug 2014

Thanks JB, I will Email them. Looked at loads of sites but they all come back with a no on the size that I enter. Maybe it is a foreign coding or something but I would have thought there is an equivalent that they would offer. Find it hard to believe that it is so difficult to buy a pair of mower tyres, must be thousands of tyres that size in use I just can't find the place to get them from and I have spent hours trying over the last few weeks.

bumpkin 20:11 24 Aug 2014

JB, just had a look at their contact details and it is the same place that I bought the other tyres from. I have Emailed them before but they do not have the size I require. Thank you anyway for trying to help.

bumpkin 20:11 24 Aug 2014

JB, just had a look at their contact details and it is the same place that I bought the other tyres from. I have Emailed them before but they do not have the size I require. Thank you anyway for trying to help.

BRYNIT 21:45 24 Aug 2014

From looking at different sites 10 x 4 - 4 would be a 10" tall x 4 " wide with a 4 " rim diameter.

Have you tried the company who makes the ride on mower or who you purchased it from for advice?

The only ones I've been able to find on Ebay UK are 11x4.00-4 but plenty from the Ebay USA the problem is the postage cost as much as the tyre.

bumpkin 22:18 24 Aug 2014

BRYNIT, Have you tried the company who makes the ride on mower or who you purchased it from for advice?

That is my next step, just looking for the invoice as the thing is about 3 yrs old. McCulloch is the manufacturer but will try the supplier first. It is only a mower doing a few miles a year the tread is fine (does not matter what it is like for lawn mowing anyway) but the sidewalls seem to perish as if they have fitted the cheapest rubbish that they could find. All 4 tyres have had this.

BRYNIT 23:37 24 Aug 2014

This looks like the McCulloch web site CLICK HERE if you click on view retailers you might find one close to yourself.

bumpkin 10:49 25 Aug 2014

Thanks BRYNIT, there are 2 fairly near me. I shall give them a ring tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?