When do we get paid?

PurplePenny 22:14 12 Jan 2006

Did you know that you can get PAID to post to forums?

I've just been reading adverts for services on another forum (run by a publisher). There are people offering to design templates, new design companies touting for work, site downtime tracking, security software: the kind of thing that I was expecting. But there are also adverts from companies who (for payment) will post to a new forum to get it started. I had no idea such a service existed!

One of these companies is advertising for prospective employees: you have to supply 50 posts that you've made to existing forums to prove that you know your stuff and have the right kind of writing style, and you have to guarantee to make a certain number of postings per week.

I'm gobsmacked.

Somehow it feels just a tad dishonest because the people reading a forum are (presumably) unaware that the posts come from people doing it professionally.

Penny

VoG II 22:25 12 Jan 2006

Still waiting for my cheque from PCA and I suspect that I'll go on waiting. I can't guarantee to make more than about 100 postings a week.

octal 22:27 12 Jan 2006

"I'm gobsmacked."

I'm not sure why, if there's a fast buck to be made somewhere someone will exploit it, especially on the Internet.

That's another sick squid in my back pocket, thank you ;-)

PurplePenny 22:37 12 Jan 2006

Vog -- I think that would earn you the part-time money (1,000 a week to be full time).

octal -- sorry, no poorly octopus for you; that's probably enough to earn you tuppence three-farthing ;-)

Forum Editor 23:02 12 Jan 2006

Penny, see me after school.

Everyone else, get your heads down, and keep posting. Your sole reward is the thrill you get from knowing that you're helping others....for free. Well that, and the deep glow of satisfaction that comes from working with me for nothing other than the occasional grossly unfair post deletion.

VoG II 23:12 12 Jan 2006

You've actually generated a belly laugh with that - thank you!

ade.h 23:28 12 Jan 2006

Looks like Penny's going to be writing lines:

"I will not mention payments for postings...."

Taff™ 01:56 13 Jan 2006

"What price satisfaction?" - PurplePenny: When you`ve finished writing the lines ...... send me and VoG the link!

spuds 10:46 13 Jan 2006

Is this like Pyramid Selling! :o)

If you want extra cash, enrol to be a ghost shopper, and use your laptop or computer to write up the reports.

MESH Support 11:15 13 Jan 2006

Well in a way, I *am* paid to post, with no restriction as to how often I post ;)

Cheque doesn't have PCA's signature on it though....

Davey

Sapins 11:22 13 Jan 2006

I heard a rumour that PCA are going to e-mail cheques to all posters, starting next Christmas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017