When did a broadband user last use dial up?

Diodorus Siculus 17:26 01 Oct 2006

I ask because this morning I had to go to PCWorld to buy a dial up modem for a friend whose PC I'm repairing.

On the way, I thought that instead of spending good money, I should just take the modem out of my pc an dput it into her's. I've had BB since June last year and haven't once in that time had to use dial up.

I'm with BTConnect and can't fault them on their product quality...

Woolwell 17:29 01 Oct 2006

Not strictly dial-up but I did use my modem about 6 months ago to send a fax.

anskyber 18:08 01 Oct 2006

Never in 2 years with BB.

rezeeg 18:11 01 Oct 2006

As Woolwell, to send/receive faxes.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:17 01 Oct 2006

The day before I got broadband, 1 1/2 years ago.

QuizMan 18:32 01 Oct 2006

A couple of times a week when I'm using my work's laptop to access e-mail and files on their server. They do not allow us to use broadband. Now that I use SkyTalk, it's free via 24/7 landline access. (In Sky's view 24/7 means no more than 1 hour at at time!)

spikeychris 18:34 01 Oct 2006

I work with lots of different connections whist onsite so I still have the patience needed for 56k. I went to PC world today to buy an external ISDN modem - they looked at me like I was stupid then offered me a BB modem stating it would do the same thing.

Forum Editor 19:09 01 Oct 2006

the service was first launched by BT, six years ago. In the whole of that time I haven't once used an analogue modem.

lisa02 19:23 01 Oct 2006

About 3 months ago when I changed BB providers and there was a delay between, by my choice - I waited a while.

My father had to do the same (use a modem) because his ISP was giving him grief a few weeks back.

Jak_1 19:35 01 Oct 2006

5 years ago when I changed to Broadband.

spuds 19:36 01 Oct 2006

Converted to BB about three years ago. Still have the PAYG 56k dial-up connected just in case, but haven't used it since conversion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?