Whatsapp, do you use it and on phone, pc or tablet

rickf 10:45 11 Sep 2017

Hi I am thinking of installing this on my phone and pc for communicating with friends abroad. What's your experience, if any, and is it safe? Thanks

wee eddie 10:51 11 Sep 2017

It's as safe as any. If the teenagers I know are anything to go by, it's a bit old hat, like Facebook.

Probably about the right time to start using it

x123 11:23 11 Sep 2017

I've used it for a couple of years and it is good. The features just get better and the added bonus is your messages are encrypted.

As long as the recipient has it installed and will"pair" with you. You can text, send photos and have free calls.

x123 11:25 11 Sep 2017

To fully answer your question, I use it on phone.

rickf 11:40 11 Sep 2017

Thanks for all the replies. Will get it on phone to be followed by PC.

LastChip 21:29 11 Sep 2017

I use it on my mobile to keep in touch with family members abroad.

How secure is it? I don't know, but it is encrypted end to end, so it should be reasonably OK.

Personally, I haven't had any issues with it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017