What's your name?

interzone55 10:23 24 Jul 2008

Number 16 Bus Shelter...

There's a trend in New Zealand for highly unusual names.

Names that have been disallowed include Sex Fruit and Fat Boy, but Violence and Number 16 Bus Shelter are ok?

Makes Moon Unit & Dweezil Zappa seem positively dull...

click here

GRIDD 10:31 24 Jul 2008

.....mine is John

My favourite celeb name is Shiloh Pitt, Angie and Brad obviously don't know what a Spoonerism is. I personally think maybe they do and just have a wicked sense of humour.

spuds 11:23 24 Jul 2008

Having a extraordinary name, is like having a tattoo and perhaps regretting it for years after.

Personally, the parent who gives their child the names of a full football team, requires locking up. But then again, some celebrities seem to choose the most fascinating names for their offspring's, and their fans follow!.

Whatever happened to some of the good old Victorian names?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:28 24 Jul 2008

Must drive certain companies nuts.

Names go in and out of fashion.

names are use to detemine a persons "age group" and therefore target the person with certain products.

I.E. Elsie gets adverts for walk in baths not ipods.

:0)

pj123 11:50 24 Jul 2008

Hopefully, all the kids will make sure they change them as soon as they can.

I only have one first name and my kids also have only one first name. None of which are embarrasing/silly.

Si_L 12:29 24 Jul 2008

A while ago there was a competition run by game producers with a reward of $10,000 for the first person to name their baby Turok, also the name of the game.

click here

Quickbeam 12:32 24 Jul 2008

Bob Geldof & Paula Yates gave one of the most ridiculous ones to their daughter... 'Fifi Trixiebelle'.

Yeah Bob, cool... not.

Chegs ®™ 16:34 24 Jul 2008

When my sister started school,the teacher was asking each child their parents names.This was taking quite a long time to accomplish as after each child said their parents names,there was a rush of giggling aand whispered comments.Just as the teacher was about to ask my sister for her parents names,teacher got so frustrated she demanded order before continuing and then said to the class "You should only laugh if its something really silly like frederick or george" then asked my sister,who turned very redfaced as she uttered "my dads names are frederick,george"

day2strike 10:07 25 Jul 2008

A friend used to work with a lawyer called Mr Shitte!

Pineman100 15:48 26 Jul 2008

A couple from New Zealand who called their daughter 'Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii' have been ordered by a judge to change her name, to save her from abuse and ridicule.

Kemistri 15:58 26 Jul 2008

From Sweden, possibly the most barking of all: Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116, which is apparently pronounced "albin" (yeah, right). One seriously strange couple tried to use that in protest at being fined for failing to register their child's name. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie