What's your favourite sports website?

Production Ed 17:15 14 Apr 2008

First of all, I'd like to thank all the readers who suggested their favourite blogs for our Readers' Sites section.

Evan Davis's BBC economics blog, recommended by anskyber, won the Gold award for our June issue. Anskyber wins a copy of Magix MP3 Maker 12.0. Congratulations!

Next, we'd like to look at sports websites. Which sites do you go to for sports-related news, opinion, match reports, pictures and interviews? Most importantly, what do you love about your favourite sporty websites?

Big or small, famous or obscure, football, ping-pong or tiddly-winks - if it's good, online, sports-related and suitable for a family audience we want to hear about it.

Recommendations can be added to this thread or emailed to [email protected].

Once again, many thanks for your input!

David Price
PC Advisor

interzone55 17:22 14 Apr 2008

I'm not a massive sports fan, so BBC Sport does the trick click here

I especially like the cricket section

techie4me 17:22 14 Apr 2008

Well if it's just the latest on cricket being played round the world then it's click here

If it's general sports news then it's
click here

wellshgit 17:26 14 Apr 2008

If theres a football match thats only on Sky TV I get a running commentory here click here

anskyber 19:13 14 Apr 2008

Well sort of.

First of all thanks for the gift, a welcome if unexpected bonus.

I like many sports but the one I still do as opposed to watch is in my view one of the most savage there is; yet seems so tranquil. Cycling.

My offering is therefore the informative and ever changing Cycling Weekly web site. click here

It is a minority sport but it is well covered and deals with a full range of cycling interests.

Quickbeam 19:18 14 Apr 2008

I don't think there is one I would class a favourite. I look at the BBC one and most of the daily paper sport sites.

MAT ALAN 19:20 14 Apr 2008

click here

AHHH! The odd shaped ball, this site has it all, up to date news through all levels of the game...

polish 19:27 14 Apr 2008

click here
follow f1 and go on this site daily

MCE2K5 19:34 14 Apr 2008

I get all my sport news from

click here

click here

Covers everything from F1 to the GeeGees.

barca1 20:10 14 Apr 2008

This one is mine BUT thats only cause my cousin plays for great britain & thats him on the top of the page (To the left) where the little square mail box is...

click here

also there this un it shows a great pic of him..!!! & he's as big as he looks

click here

dukeboxhero 20:31 14 Apr 2008

For an all round sports site i like sky sports
click here
But my wifes a big tennis fan, or is it an Andy Murry fan ,so you will find her on here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone