What's your favourite property website?

David Price 11:44 29 Jun 2010

Thanks to everyone who recommended wedding-related websites. And the winner of this month's Readers' Sites prize is… Seth Haniel! He recommended Wedding Guide UK (click here), and wins an Apacer MP3 player for his trouble.

To be in with a chance to win our next great prize, simply tell us favourite property website, and why you like it.

Ideally we're looking for independent or neutral sites rather than simply your favourite estate agent, but any site that you use to find houses or flats to buy or rent, or to sell or rent out property of your own, is fair game.

Add your recommendations to this thread, or, if you're feeling shy, email them to [email protected]. And remember to tell us why it's your favourite site.

Thanks, and good luck!

babybell 11:58 29 Jun 2010

click here
click here
click here

All the above are really good, helped me find my first home...

sunnystaines 12:07 29 Jun 2010

click here

i am house hunting at present and find this site very useful, just look and you will see.

rdave13 14:59 29 Jun 2010

Nethouseprices gives a good idea of prices and rent in an area.
click here

I am Spartacus 17:31 29 Jun 2010

I like mouseprice click here It can give detailed information and sometimes has historical pricing.

morddwyd 20:15 29 Jun 2010

When I saw the title I was going to say E-Bay.

They sell a lot of property!

Noldi 06:03 30 Jun 2010

Primelocation is the one that I use.

click here

Noldi

sunnystaines 07:53 30 Jun 2010

I use that one too, a handy web.

Seth Haniel 08:08 30 Jun 2010

click here

"At my-first-home.co.uk we help UK home buyers to purchase a home. It doesn’t matter whether it is their first home, their second, or even their fifth – we get buyers into properties with as little money down as possible, and with payments that fit their budget. "

QuizMan 09:28 30 Jun 2010

click here

The main source for all things property and conveyancing. It is the the first port of call that your solicitor is likley to make if you are moving house, but there is nothing to stop you making your own enquiries. Much of the service requires payment, but only nominal. For example, for the payment of £6.50 you can get a flood risk report on a property - useful if you are about to make a long journey to inspect it.

David Price 14:59 08 Jul 2010

morddwyd - lots do, but would you be willing to buy a house on eBay? You wouldn't be worried about fake bidders etc (click here)?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - any more?

David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?