What's your favourite free online game?

Production Ed 17:39 29 Apr 2009

It's that time again: we'd like to hear your recommendations of free online games, and why you enjoy them.

The best 10 will be featured in the magazine, together with the names of those who recommended them, while the very best selection will win its recommender a prize.

Last month's topic was genealogy, and the winning site was Ancestry (click here). This was recommended by a commenter on our blogs section named Neil

click here

Unfortunately, we've been unable to track Neil down! If you should happen across this thread, Neil, could you make yourself known? We'd like to send you a prize. Congratulations to Neil, and our thanks to everyone who contributed a recommendation last month.

(And we'd like to point out that Seth Haniel recommended Familysearch (click here), rather than FamilyRecords, as mentioned in the magazine. Sory, Seth Haniel.)

Please add your recommendations of free online games to this thread, or email them to [email protected].

Thanks
David Price
PCA

Kevscar1 18:22 29 Apr 2009

I've been playing this for months now. It really draws you in.

click here?

Bigpoint also have a number of other good games of different genre
Mafia 1930 is another good one

wolfie3000 20:56 29 Apr 2009

Fore me it has to be Perfect World,
It has everything i look for in a game, an engrossing story line, gorgeous graphics, the best character customization in any game iv seen and one of the friendliest communities out there.

Website,
click here

Video,
click here

Its definatly a contender for World of Warcrafts crown,
I used to hate MMORPG games with a passion but now Perfect world changed my viewpoint forever.

The game controls are intuitive and easy to pick up, Theres no restrictions on where you can travel anywhere from the start unlike guild wars and they hold weekly events to keep the game fresh and exciting for all.

It even broke my Halo obsession, its that good.

bjh 12:15 30 Apr 2009

OK, well I'll pop in a different kind of game - easy to start, very distracting, just the thing for those bored moments when you know you should be knuckling down to some real work... and as addictive as hell!

Bubbles
click here

Anyway, Production Ed, face it... this is just a good excuse for you to spend the next month telling all at PCA Towers that "It's work, honestly it is..." as you play away the whole day.....

Production Ed 12:19 30 Apr 2009

Ha ha, don't blow my cover bjh.

This is quite a funny one - a guy made this game when he left his job at a software developer

click here

babybell 13:06 30 Apr 2009

It's festive, but very very childish.

Still, I'm 27 and it still makes me laugh!

lol

click here

bluesbrother 16:01 30 Apr 2009

I'm not much of a game player but I keep going back to Boomshine.
click here
It really gets under your skin.

WhiteTruckMan 23:06 30 Apr 2009

So big, complicated games hold little appeal to me. Frankly, I cant be bothered spending the time learning complicated games and controls. However, I do like simple diversions that can interest me for a few minutes while I am waiting for something to happen, like adverts on tv to finish, or a download/update to complete. I do get bored eventually and move on to other games but currently this is my diversion

click here

It fits my bill: quick to load, simple controls, easy to play.

WTM

rdave13 23:36 30 Apr 2009

For some reason I can't stand games anymore. Boring, waste of time triviality.

Must be an age thing.

VNAM75 23:52 30 Apr 2009

Project-Torque looks good

jimv7 00:45 01 May 2009

Samorost

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?