What's your favourite fitness or health website?

Production Ed 16:25 06 Nov 2008

I'll begin by thanking everyone who contributed to Readers' Sites this month, as we discussed money-saving websites.

A special mention to new Readers' Sites champ lisa02, the first of a flood of readers who recommended MoneySavingExpert (click here). Congratulations to lisa02 and MSE founder Martin Lewis, whose site was our clear winner this time around, despite a late charge by enthusiastic users of Boffer (click here). We were also impressed by Freecycle (click here, recommended by Pineman100) and Toptable (click here; whose case was argued by culture_geek).

Next, we'd like to hear which websites are best for honing your fitness and health. These can be sites that offer advice on giving up smoking or bad habits of one kind or another, help you to develop a fitness regimen or present dietary tips.

I'd like to stress, however, that we're very wary of entering the realm of medical advice and information on serious health-related conditions. There are official NHS websites where medical advice can be sought, and unqualified third parties advocating medical or surgical solutions will not be considered.

As usual, we don't just want to know which websites you recommend - we want to know why. You can add your recommendation and reasons to this thread or email them to [email protected]. This is your chance to see your name in the magazine, and perhaps even win a great prize!

Thanks again,

David Price
PC Advisor

ps If lisa02 is about, would you make yourself known, please?

Clapton is God 16:29 06 Nov 2008
  Production Ed 16:31 06 Nov 2008

ho ho

Si_L 16:53 06 Nov 2008
  Pineman100 18:31 06 Nov 2008
  Legolas 18:47 06 Nov 2008

At 5ft 3in and 2 stone overweight this is it click here

Bingalau 19:35 06 Nov 2008

This thread could be in the running for the funniest keep unfit site if the Production ed ever needs items for that.

Si_L 23:16 06 Nov 2008

Damn it, why did I have to go ahead and give a serious answer?!

DieSse 01:03 07 Nov 2008

I'm with whoever said

"Whenever I feel like exercising physically, I go and have a lie down until the feeling passes"

MCE2K5 02:15 07 Nov 2008

Some of these click here Washed down by several of these click here After a session on here click here with all the up/down scrolling, I must have the strongest Index finger in the world, Then it's time for this click here

Seven Sit-up's a week, Can't be bad.

babybell 09:01 07 Nov 2008

I'm registered with Weight Loss Resources. It's essentially an online database of ever food imaginable that you can buy (and if they dont have it, you can add it) When you look to lose weight, they tell you how many calories you need to eat a day and you fill in your food diary everyday with what you eat and it works out how calories, grams of fat, protein etc, you have eaten. Lost 2 stone using it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone