What's your favourite book review website?

David Price 11:21 01 Mar 2010

I'll begin by congratulating Seth Haniel, our new Readers' Sites champion. Seth Haniel wins our thanks and a Trust graphics tablet for his recommendation of the BBC gardening website. Thanks to Seth and to the other Speakers' Corner regulars who suggested gardening sites.

Now to turn over a new leaf, so to speak. We're talking book review websites, and we want to hear your favourites. Whether it's a massive corporate site or a small web upstart, the online arm of a newspaper, a social network, a forum or simply the feedback section of an online bookseller, we want to know which websites you use to find out what to read next. And, of course, what you like about them.

Add your recommended websites (and a few sentences explaining why you recommend them) to this thread or email them to [email protected], and you could see your name in print or even win a great prize.

Good luck!

David Price
PCA

Seth Haniel 11:41 01 Mar 2010

click here

Reviews of books in Project Gutenberg, taken from periodicals at the time they were first published.

Not only reviews , but free downloads of thousands of books.

sunnystaines 12:33 01 Mar 2010

my fav is

click here

Quickbeam 13:27 01 Mar 2010

My first stop is Waterstone's, then I may check a title out further with a general web search if it interests me.

Miss_bendy 16:20 01 Mar 2010

I use BookRabbit, as it's more than just an online book shop - it's a social network for bookworms.

In particular I love the fact you can upload a photo of your bookshelf from home and tag the titles in it.

Then identify others with the same titles as you and nose through their bookshelves. It’s a great way to get ideas for new reads.

Its got the usual interviews with authors and extracts for forthcoming books as well.

MAT ALAN 18:48 01 Mar 2010

click here

nothing too flash, straight to the point, simple to navigate, i like...

Quickbeam 19:30 01 Mar 2010

Some interesting suggestions so far that I've book marked for future use. I tend to get into the habit of the easiest option, and then find it's maybe lacking at times.

mr simon 23:59 01 Mar 2010

Amazon.com for me. I like the Times and the Guardians reviews, but you are getting a single perspective with those. For a larger sample size I use Amazon, not limited to books.

Quickbeam 06:29 02 Mar 2010

Well , I'm curious to know the title. You might as well plug it properly;)

peter99co 14:29 02 Mar 2010

Busted Anonimity! Is that a proper word?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?