Whats wrong with this picture?

WhiteTruckMan 23:19 27 Sep 2006

click here

Its certainly given me something to think about. I cant decide if its a fake or not. My brother emailed it to me a few days ago. I dont as yet know where he got it from. Opinions anyone? preferably not just the conspiracy kind, please.

WTM

wolfie3000 23:20 27 Sep 2006

Probably just a bug, I wouldnt worry about it.

Forum Editor 23:44 27 Sep 2006

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

WhiteTruckMan 00:04 28 Sep 2006

But i AM extremely curious. I cant explain why it has tickled my curiosity bump. It just has, is all. I did a search on one of my systems and did turn up a cab file by that name, along with a couple of wuident cab files.

WTM

Forum Editor 00:37 28 Sep 2006

what version of Windows does your brother use? I ask because this problem used to crop up in the old days of Win98, and then the solution was to use the SFC (System File Checker) to extract a fresh copy of a file called: Imagehlp.dll from the Win98 installation CD.

Is it possible he's using Win98, or even Windows NT?

Apron 05:26 28 Sep 2006

It's amazing that I have kept a PC going all these years - I know from nothing. What's the problem. I've got 98.

Apron 05:28 28 Sep 2006

What's a cab file? And a wuident cab file?

wolfie3000 06:46 28 Sep 2006

A cab file is short for cabinet file i think its like a zip file.

Apron 07:36 28 Sep 2006

Thanks for that. I live and learn. Do you know what is wrong with the picture? If that came up on my screen I wouldn't be alarmed.

WhiteTruckMan 08:12 28 Sep 2006

because it says the usual 'no personally identifiable information is sent to microsoft..' etc, yet it appears to be doing something with a file called ident (short for identity? identify?).

I know he uses ME but no idea which office package he uses. I dont even know if this screenshot came from his system or not, of if its something he got from elsewhere. Hes away for a few days so I cant ask him at the moment.

Curiouser and curiouser....

WTM

SANTOS7 11:07 28 Sep 2006

click here
this may help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?