What's in a name?

TopCat® 12:33 16 Feb 2008

There's certainly been some unusual first and middle names handed down to offspring over the years which continues today. Here are a few, together with comments from their respective owners. click here It's legally possible for the individual at a certain age to change them but, surprisingly in many cases, they don't.

Know of anyone with unusual first names near you? NO surnames, of course. TC.

Forum Editor 12:34 16 Feb 2008

who named their daughter Annette.

TopCat® 12:50 16 Feb 2008

That's priceless :o)) - is it really true? If so, then the poor girl must have been aware of the amusement it created to others through the years! TC.

Forum Editor 12:52 16 Feb 2008

are fiction that it's difficult to know when one is true. The one about Mr.& Mrs. Curten's daughter was told to me by someone who purported to know the family, but you can never be sure.

crosstrainer 12:54 16 Feb 2008

Day's I knew a Miss Rose Bush:)

Blackhat 13:01 16 Feb 2008

Many years ago I had some clients from Denmark, Mr & Mrs Gnuss. Pronounced ‘nuss’. They were Andre & Petre, I had to be very carefull when asking to speak to either Mr A Gnuss or Mrs P Gnuss.

Belatucadrus 14:30 16 Feb 2008

My brothers names are all perfectly ordinary, problem is the initials are S.A.G. so that's what everybody calls him Sag.

Fermat's Theorem 15:09 16 Feb 2008

Argue and Phibbs, Solicitors, Sligo, Ireland.

:-)

Grey Goo 16:03 16 Feb 2008

One of our local surgeons is a "Mr Cutting"

Bingalau 16:17 16 Feb 2008

What about "Teresa Green"?

Clapton is God 16:17 16 Feb 2008

The guy who runs the IT support desk in the company I work for is Vietnamese and called Doc No.

Think James Bond ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?