What's most important to you when choosing antivirus software for your Windows PC or laptop?

PC Advisor 09:52 12 May 2015

Installing security software is crucial on a Windows PC or laptop, but we want to know exactly what you look for when choosing an antivirus software program. Please vote in our poll, and pick as many options as you like.

For advice on choosing security software see our round-ups of the best free and paid antivirus sofware and best free and paid internet security software.

Belatucadrus 11:26 12 May 2015

Seventeen years online, always with updated AV always freebies or cover disks without contravening usage policy on free licenses. Sometimes it was a pain searching out stuff like inoculateIT or Aladin both long gone. Now I think there are about twenty-four freebies AV & suites many of which get submitted to VirusBulletin and get the VB100 cert. Never been easier to protect a home PC for nothing.

Belatucadrus 11:39 12 May 2015

Revise the twenty four comment down a bit I've just checked out some of my links and a few of them have gone belly up.

kad292 02:42 13 May 2015

Reliability and consistency are my primary concerns though no one software,i believe,can have near %100 success rate always there are some which deserve their status as top notch products.

None the less it is true that you are your own anti-virus and software is merely an extra line of defence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017