What's the matter with people?

Colin 13:47 08 Oct 2007

click here

I know this sort of thing has always happened at sales, but what's so important about designer clothes that reduces people to savages?

Call me Man at Matalan if you like, but I don't see it myself.

jack 13:55 08 Oct 2007

And I venture to guess that a percentage of those 'misbehaving' be put up to it by the stores promotion team- and the Media briefed into the bargain
How else do they get their name into the paper?
Call me an old cynic if you wish

Earthsea 14:44 08 Oct 2007

If people are really so desperate for designer clothes, I'm surprised they don't just ram-raid the place. Much easier I'd have thought.

spuds 15:59 08 Oct 2007

Never seen any fights at Tesco or Georges at Asda clothing section. I wonder why!.

My Asda/Tesco £3.00 jeans have a rip in the knee. Is this item now a designer issue, similar to the one's Beck's and other famous celebrities wear!.

VideoSentry 18:19 08 Oct 2007

The problem is lack of respect, not just for other people but for themselves as well.

STREETWORK 21:07 08 Oct 2007

I think the store plants people in the crowd to stir things up and gain the media interest...

Colin 21:12 08 Oct 2007

The cynics here probably have a point. Who remembers the hysteria of trying to buy a Cabbage Patch doll, Tracy Island or Ninja Turtle?

youtruth 21:46 08 Oct 2007

I think that the to-days style is to buy a designer bargain and then make a good profit re-selling it on eBay or the markets.

Clockwork Orange sells Diesel, Replay, Miss Sixty, Energie, Adidas, Fornarina, Gas and loads more.

That just may explain why you don't get the same extreme buying energy surges in Tesco or Asda.

Dummies and the feeling poorly should therefore stay well away from these sales.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017