What would you invent?

exdragon 08:10 25 Jul 2009

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but after watching an old Dragon's Den episode last night, I wondered what people here would like to invent.

Nothing particularly earth shattering or costing millions, but perhaps something useful, obvious or decorative.

A single mum on last night's episode stunned the dragons with her gadget to assist in pulling cables through walls and they almost fought over who was going to give her the money. The chap who came up with the idea of the Trunki suitcase for kids must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Just an idea to see how practical people are!

Bingalau 08:43 25 Jul 2009

If only I knew how it would have to be a cure for cancers of all descriptions.

exdragon 08:58 25 Jul 2009

I understand you, Bingalau and that's probably at the top of everyone's list, but I was thinking more along the lines of something you could take into the Den.

And not like the chap who was a poker player and wanted them to back him to play, with a guarantee that they'd get their money back!

namtas 10:17 25 Jul 2009

The question that you are asking is at the heart of all inventions, having the gift to first see a need and then taking it forward is the clever part.

sunnystaines 10:36 25 Jul 2009

A band that fits around the head which can be tightened by the user to apply pressure on a particular part of the head [mainly side of head or temple] to apply pressure to ease the pain of cluster/migraine pain.

should be easy to invent if you have the equipment
I have often thought of a lightweight plastic "G" style clamp but refined for easy wear.

peter99co 10:46 25 Jul 2009

A Time Machine to go back to the good old days for a holiday now and then.

zzzz999 10:54 25 Jul 2009

Exdragon are you sitting poised with a pen and paper :-)

exdragon 10:56 25 Jul 2009

Not so far!

Clapton is God 11:56 25 Jul 2009

We can all invent whatever we want. The possibilities are as wide and as endless as our imagination takes us.

It's the execution of those ideas which might prove a little more difficult.

Kevscar1 12:19 25 Jul 2009

Something to reverse botched operations still only got partial use of left hand 15 1/2 weeks after op. Right one still awollen and unuseable 4 1/2 weeks after.

Strawballs 12:21 25 Jul 2009

Anything that would allow me to get out of the ships tank with the burning torch in my hand that I will be doing after this dinner break

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?