What truly amazing weather we are having

carver 11:32 01 Mar 2014
Answered

This morning about 9 AM I have been painting a couple of show jump fillers outside because the weather is so nice (for a change) and it's given me the opportunity to look at all the plants that have survived the winter.

Geraniums have not only survived but have started to flower, same goes for 2 clematis that have started budding and even have flowers.

Snow drops , crocus and daffodils are all competing at the same time, busy lizzies are also flowering, a couple of million bells have also survived and they are also flowering, summer pansies in bloom from last year what a truly lovely sight.

Came inside to have a coffee after all my hard work and just been back outside to see those nice white show fillers I painted are now covered in large blue bottles.

martd7 11:43 01 Mar 2014

Same here up north in sunny bradford a bracing 7degrees forecast 12-14 next week,some of my geraniums and pansys are still going strong quite unbelievable,even had a few house flys buzzing round!

martd7 13:10 01 Mar 2014

Snowed in April some years ago while caravanning at blackpool

Mr Mistoffelees 16:39 01 Mar 2014

Was nice out with the dog this afternoon, in West Somerset. Nice enough that it reminded me that Winter has just 19 days left, then it will be my favourite time of the year.

wiz-king 17:25 01 Mar 2014

Mr Mistoffelees It's the first day of spring today according to the weathermen.

martd7 18:23 01 Mar 2014

March 20th 4.57pm according to google is first day of spring

hssutton 19:33 01 Mar 2014

May blossom out, my magnolia is just about ready to burst into a beautiful dark red flowers and I just had to get the camera out for the cherry blossom + many bumble bees

carver 20:49 01 Mar 2014

I saw my first butterfly about 3 weeks ago and first bee about 2 days later, earliest I've ever seen them.

geoff96 20:54 01 Mar 2014

I saw my first butterfly in 1962.

Border View 22:51 01 Mar 2014

When March comes in like a lamb it goes out like a lion. Watch out for the snow at the end of the month.

Aitchbee 11:40 02 Mar 2014

... and always wait 'til the end of May before planting out frost-tender seedlings ... when danger of late frost has passed.

I would even leave it until June ... just to be on the safe side ;o]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017