What sounds would you like to hear in VISTA?

Probabilitydrive 23:02 13 Nov 2006

This post is also posted on "Window Vista"

"The deconstruction of my rock gods has begun..This was the guy, who played with Bowie!!
Nuf said,...here is the article: click here

and here are all the new sounds(XP versus Vista)
click here
I go now weep while listening to King Crimpson..."

What song fragments would you like to hear in VISTA?
Who should be the composer and why?

Kate B 23:04 13 Nov 2006

Presumably, as with XP, you can put any sounds you like on Vista. Though am I right in thinking you can't change the start-up and shutdown sounds?

rodriguez 23:08 13 Nov 2006

You can change the start up and shutdown sounds if you want - even if there isn't an option for it, just find the .wav files for the startup and shutdown (or whatever format it uses) and replace them with new ones. Anyway it should be customisable. :-)

Probabilitydrive 23:09 13 Nov 2006

you find me stumbled...I honestly didn,t know you can change sounds in XP. *somewhat long faced*

However, If you were (are) a rock chick what start up sound would you choose?

...Ah, the flight of the valkure, cos I love the smell of fried CPU's in the morning...

rodriguez 23:13 13 Nov 2006

"If you were (are) a rock chick what start up sound would you choose" - the into to Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns & Roses... nice one. :-D

rodriguez 23:14 13 Nov 2006

Or maybe I'd have Ace Of Spades by Motorhead - I'd have to try a few.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:16 13 Nov 2006

Ye Gods. Beethoven and the rest of the keyboard scarers must be doing triple spins in their graves. Am I the only one that thinks that the composers' creative juices were taking a holiday in the land of Similarity?

G

Probabilitydrive 23:20 13 Nov 2006

....yeah, and when Vista turns belly up its
-Londons burning (the Clash) or the stones -sympahry for the devil ....
"I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank"

Bliss, what are thou guises (or smthn like that)

rodriguez 23:23 13 Nov 2006

I'd also probably have a fart noise for the error message - as this would relieve the stress and raise a smile (with me anyway) if the computer was about to have a meltdown resulting in loss of work etc....

Probabilitydrive 23:24 13 Nov 2006

forum member..and how would you figure, you havn,t turned deaf?? Cos Bill tries now for ages to turn us all into dumb (and at times succeeding I might add to my shame..)

rodriguez 23:30 13 Nov 2006

Probabilitydrive, I almost forgot, you can change the XP sounds by going to Control Panel, Sounds & Audio Devices, going on the Sounds tab and they're all listed. The sound files are also in the C:\Windows\Media folder if you wanted to change them. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?