What smoking ban?

Quickbeam 08:21 23 Aug 2007

click here
Well I suppose they can afford the fine... anyway Keef 'n Ron jus' wouldn't look right without a fag smouldering away on the fretboard.

wee eddie 09:47 23 Aug 2007

The interesting part of this brouhaha is the consensus, that they should not have been smoking in a Public Place.

The law is working and accepted by a considerable part of the Public.

Few Laws are accepted by everybody, so I don't find it strange that there is a group of Neanderthals out there who cannot control their bodily functions, sufficiently long, to avoid smoking when others are present.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:28 23 Aug 2007

One would assume that the same leniency will be applied to someone from a sink housing estate.

G

lisa02 11:31 23 Aug 2007

Is it just me or does anyone else think they look like characters from the Beetlejuice movie?

Let them smoke they're an advert for the effects it has and they can afford the fine.

spuds 11:38 23 Aug 2007

When you are a celebrity, you can get away with most things, but of course there is only one law for all, or is there !!.

In our local newspaper last week, was a story about an incident in the town centre. A person was given a £60 fine for dropping a cigarette end, because the litter warden 'seen him do it'. It appears by the newspaper report, that the man as never smoked cigarettes etc in his life, and the stub that was discarded by this man, was attached to his shoes, which he had inadvertently picked up on his travels.The warden insisted that they saw the man discard the offending item, and as such issued a fine. The council are now investigating, and the fine might be cancelled, or perhaps not!.

Stuartli 14:05 23 Aug 2007

We have an annual Orange Day parade in my town in the second week of July and thousands of people both visit or watch it.

The council, whose representatives had been visiting local pubs, clubs etc to make sure that the smoking ban was implemented to the letter, told town centre pub owners that the smoking ban would be waived for that particular day.

The reason given was to avoid potential trouble with pub customers who had come from other areas.

Not surprisingly this caused considerable outrage in the town because of the sheer hypocrisy of council officials.

spuds 16:25 23 Aug 2007

Regarding the smokimg ban, its for the council's to administer the compliance of it. Some council's have now given the powers of enforcement to either litter wardens and/or parking attendants. Not one of the 'enforcers' in our town was/are willing to do night calls at the many pubs and clubs. I wonder why!.

But on a positive side, it appears as though the ban is working well in the restricted areas. On the negative side, there seems to be an increase of street smoking, especially outside premises that are governed by the ban. Roll on the bad weather, and let's see what happens then!.

Stuartli 16:39 23 Aug 2007

>>Roll on the bad weather, and let's see what happens then!.>>

What a generous, heart warming attitude you reveal.

Jak_1 16:45 23 Aug 2007

That sounds like the selfish attitude of a 'Grumpy Old Man'! Have I hit the mark?

spuds 16:56 23 Aug 2007

Jak_1 + Stuartli... Absolutely spot on ;o)

Also being a bit entrepreneurial, I am offering a franchise in an umbrella, ear muff and gas heater enterprise. Find your own pitch's though :O)

Stuartli 16:58 23 Aug 2007

I bet you don't buy a round either...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?