What PC or tablet do I need?

Salmonpuss 17:48 22 Jan 2014

Hi being a uni lecturer I miss the days of overhead projectors which allowed me to edit drawings and text whilst teaching. Is there a modern version in either tablet or PC form ( or combo of both) which will allow me to use a stylus to edit documents and drawings and then to save these changes? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

john bunyan 17:56 22 Jan 2014

There are many projectors that work with, for example, a laptop. They vary in cost and quality. See:

PC World

They should show whatever is on your PC, but I am not sure how you would show "live" changes. I have been to presentations where the lecturer uses a laser touch to point at the screen. No doubt others will "enlarge" on this!

1]: [click here

john bunyan 18:01 22 Jan 2014

There are, also, Electronic visualisers See:

Visualisers

Woolwell 21:24 22 Jan 2014

I am surprised that a uni lecturer has not come across interactive whiteboards but not that cheap.

Salmonpuss 11:51 24 Jan 2014

We do have interactive white boards and I can connect my laptop to the projector but I want to be add to the drawings and text whilst I am teaching. I just want to know the best tablet with stylo out there and the packages it goes with and if there is a PC equivalent.

Woolwell 12:15 24 Jan 2014

Interactive whiteboards have special pens that allow you to add to drawings and text.

Salmonpuss 16:13 24 Jan 2014

Not every lecture theatre has a whiteboard and I can not take a white board on field trips. I am after something portable

Salmonpuss 16:13 24 Jan 2014

Not every lecture theatre has a whiteboard and I can not take a white board on field trips. I am after something portable

Woolwell 16:19 24 Jan 2014

It depends on what drawings you want to edit. You can edit PowerPoint and project as you type. You can do that on a laptop plus projector or even tablet plus projector. You will of course need a screen.

Kevscar1 16:51 24 Jan 2014

if it's field trips don't see how you can lug a laptop, projector and screen around

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?