What happened to all the food?

Blackhat 14:51 31 Dec 2006

Remember that thread about panic buying before Christmas click here
I just went to my local supermarket (2:20pm sun) and it was packed!

We still have plenty left from our last shopping trip a week before Christmas (except for a bottle of pop). Have you ran out of anything yet?

lisa02 15:00 31 Dec 2006

The only difference in last week's shopping was the festive stuff but because I was buying that stuff I didn't buy as much "normal" food.

Shopping continues as normal for me. I never stock up on anything as it normally gets thrown out. Plus the fact I work in the vicinity of at least half a dozen food stores making it very easy to pick up "dinner" on the way home.

anskyber 15:01 31 Dec 2006

Xmas crackers.

WhiteTruckMan 15:15 31 Dec 2006

(pardon me!)

WTM

Mr Mistoffelees 15:59 31 Dec 2006

Wasn't me, the cats ate it...... Buurrrrpp!!!

sunny staines 16:29 31 Dec 2006

on xmas eve, while in sainsbury's they were selling fresh turkey's at half price so I bought on on impulse [other one at home in freezer] it was not till time of cooking that i noticed it had no legs on it now i know why they knocked them out at half price. But tasted excellent when cooked.

Stuartli 16:35 31 Dec 2006

Our local Tesco Extra and car park have both been full to the brim from early this morning to late this afternoon.

€dstowe 17:37 31 Dec 2006

The thing is, you see, most shops are closed tomorrow so we have to get supplies in to make sure we have enough to keep us going.

Remember the days when it was the norm for shops not to open on Sundays? Everyone could have a peaceful relaxing day.

I've just had a very productive afternoon making bread. Extremely therapeutic to get rid of all those frustrations. Just think of the person(s) you hate the most when you are kneading and you are guaranteed a perfect result.

BT 09:18 01 Jan 2007

Those Turkeys are called Turkey Crowns and are a normal product. We always have one, usually a boned one. It is more than enough for us and makes carving so much easier!!

Stuartli 10:18 01 Jan 2007

You can get a chicken version as well.

However, we followed the latest trend and bought a two kilo oven ready turkey breast that you just pop straight into the oven - delicious and remained moist for several days.

Price? Just £7 for the Tesco version (probably produced by Bernard Matthews as it's similar to its products and packages); you can/could also get lamb, beef, duck etc equivalents.

All the major outlets, including Iceland, seemed to have these products this year, which proved great value for money as there is no preparation or waste.

Our Tesco Extra sold out of all the various types inside 48 hours...:-)

BT 08:13 02 Jan 2007

We bought ours in Lidl.
2kg Ready stuffed £7.99
It came in its own roasting container and was excellent.
We also got an excellent German made Stollen about twice the size and half the price of the Sainsbury/Tesco effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?