What gadget or technology are you most likely to buy in 2011?

PC Advisor 15:52 17 Jan 2011

What gadget or technology are you most likely to buy in 2011? Have your say in the poll in the lefthand column.

Alternatively, follow this direct link to the poll:

click here

mr simon 16:32 17 Jan 2011

Something else, probably the next flagship Samsung Android phone.

Ex plorer 16:34 17 Jan 2011

A 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM this completes my lens collection over the past ten years.

TV first and the lens for my birth day a while of yet.

More looking foward towards the lens than been 64.

Woolwell 16:34 17 Jan 2011

I predict that something else will "win" by a large majority.

Esc4p3 16:58 17 Jan 2011

Something else for me. I will be buying an HDTV but definitely not a 3D TV.

Bingalau 16:59 17 Jan 2011

After buying a Kindle for my partner as a Christmas present, and showing her how to use it I have become quite jealous and now want one for myself. I'm deciding between the one which just uses Wi-fi or the more expensive one. Maybe our FE can give me the benefit of his knowledge and experience as he has had one for a long time.

LLF 17:02 17 Jan 2011

Probably a Mi-Fi.

Forum Editor 18:58 17 Jan 2011

Ref: Kindle.

Are you likely to take it travelling? If so, get the more expensive 3G model.

If you are only likely to use it at home, or at least only likely to want to add new books to it at home, buy the cheaper one - it can get books via your wireless broadband router, or via a USB cable from your PC.

chub_tor 19:05 17 Jan 2011

My head tells me that my next purchase will be a Kindle but my heart tells me that I would really like to justify an iPad. Probably the head will win - unless of course my better half buys me the Kindle for my 72nd birthday in a few weeks time then I can buy the iPad for myself.... Wishful thinking...

Forum Editor 19:07 17 Jan 2011

that new device which will be a mobile PC that fits into a coat pocket, has a reasonably-sized, crystal-clear display, runs Windows 7 and Microsoft Office, has a two-year 3G connection included in the price, a quality slide-out qwerty keyboard, at least two USB ports, 4 hours of battery life in a charge, at least 2Gb of RAM and 120Gb of solid state drive space,and a card slot.

All for less than £300

Come on Taiwan, you can do it. Put me at the top of the waiting list. I'll even forego the 3G, provided I have the USB port so I can plug in a broadband dongle.

Bingalau 19:16 17 Jan 2011

FE. Is that a fairy tale item you have dreamt up or is it on the drawing board already?

Thanks for the info. re the type of Kindle. I think I will find the Wi-fi one adequate as I can download books prior to going anywhere as needed. Or maybe find Wi-fi where I happen to go. I'm assuming that the more expensive 3G model downloads from a satellite at a cost? Or is the download free when buying books? I should have looked more at the instructions with the one I passed on to my partner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone