What do you want for Xmas?

Totally-braindead 14:37 12 Nov 2006

Well its getting near you know much as many of us might not want to think about it.
I just received a new catalogue from Iwantoneofthose.com and noticed this and want one click here sad I admit but I thought it was rather cute and I wouldn't have to clean its cage out or even feed it.
They have some other equally useless gadgets which are quite fun, my mother had a look at the catalogue herself and was quite taken with this click here not quite sure why it must have appealed to her sense of humor. Or as a stocking filler how about this click here this could be a computer essential.
Anyone else got something they would like for Xmas which is unusual/amusing?

Brumas 15:17 12 Nov 2006

It is not unusual or amusing and I do not want to sound boring or trite but all I want, and I suspect a lot more beside me , is

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to ALL Men

Totally-braindead 15:35 12 Nov 2006

Well we can't all have the same sense of humour. I think they are amusing, you don't, fair enough I suppose.
I was looking for some ideas for little gimmicky Xmas presents.
I too would like to see Peace On Earth I'm sure all of us would but its not really likely however much we wish it.

Brumas 15:47 12 Nov 2006

I did not mean the contents of your link were not unusual/amusing - I meant what I wanted for Christmas was certainly not unusual or amusing.

If my children were younger I would certainly buy a few 'stocking fillers' from there.

hijo 15:54 12 Nov 2006

yep it'd be nice to have a ps3 or/& a dual core pc...maybe after xmas eh..

season8 16:10 12 Nov 2006

A day off over Christmas would be nice!

Totally-braindead 16:58 12 Nov 2006

I misunderstood Brumas I thought you didn't like them. I bought a few wee stocking fillers from them last year for my mates kids and they went down well so who knows what I'll get then this year.

hijo I wouldn't hold your breath about the PS3. The dual core processor is an idea for my Xmas. I think I'll go have a look at processors as its been a while and perhaps I could upgrade my PC for Xmas.

season8 I hope your wish comes true. And I hope it comes true for all the Forum members.

Anyone seen any other novelty items as stocking fillers, perhaps about the £10 mark? Doesn't have to be computer related.

WhiteTruckMan 17:01 12 Nov 2006

Perhaps goodwill to a few women this year might not go amiss either....<g>

WTM

Totally-braindead 17:08 12 Nov 2006

Nope hijo, no dual core for me still too dear. But I did see that the processor I bought just before Xmas a Athlon 64 3500+ is now half the price it was when I bought it. Thats the way of things with computers though.

Brumas 17:51 12 Nov 2006

wheyaye !!

Mr Mistoffelees 17:55 12 Nov 2006

I bought a new Athlon64 4000+ at the same time. Cost me £225, just found one online for £94. It's never the right time to buy!

It would be rather nice if someone would buy me an nVidia GeForce 7950GT. I only want one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?