What did you GIVE on Christmas day...?

Z1100 17:12 25 Dec 2006

I feel that is a much better question than 'what did you get.' It is after all a tradition To give but Not Receive.

Hansx!
K.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 25 Dec 2006

In the true spirit of Christmas...

Not enough.

€dstowe 22:03 25 Dec 2006

Almost nothing yet - going out shopping later in the week.

Brumas 22:28 25 Dec 2006

I was going to try and be flippant and say - 100% as usual - but as I am the chief cook & bottle washer it isn't far from the truth :o)

lisa02 22:36 25 Dec 2006

A lot of effort and Santa got the credit. ;P

rodriguez 16:48 26 Dec 2006

Me and my mates got each other completely useless presents just for a laugh. One's I gave included:

A broken zip drive that I found in the warehouse when I was at work
A key I found that I don't know what it opens
The laser from a CD player, a 2p coin
The list of what bands are on at the pub - up until Christmas Eve
Page 81 and 82 of the Birmingham A-Z road atlas (my mom had a new one because all the pages kept falling out)

One's I recieved included:

Kamahl: A Voice To Remember on vinyl (click here)
Another vinyl in German that I can't remember the name of
2 broken phones (one got smashed when my mate got run over and the other one was my mate's sis's that she dropped in the bath)
A wooden pole
A ring box - it contained a drawing pin, not a ring :-P
An empty aftershave sample
and various other ridiculous things.

rdave13 17:27 26 Dec 2006

Gave the kids nearly all they wanted but they still quarreled ! :(

Apron 06:42 27 Dec 2006

"It is better to give than to receive" indeed it is a lovely feeling, so it is very important to receive with enthusiasm and grace, this makes the giver's day. I always write the thank you letters to children first.

€dstowe 07:40 27 Dec 2006

I noticed on Teletext paper review yesterday that children in Scotland are already putting their new Nintendo whatevers on eBay.

Apron 08:06 27 Dec 2006

€dstowe ( see that - thanks)
That is such a shame, why are they allowed to do that? I have noticed that in the week after Christmas the charity shops are full of new books. I suppose this is the same thing really.
It's all too much isn't it? I am looking at my new great grandaughter, I crept in when she started to cry and brought her down, I had heard her being fed at 6.30, so I knew she wasn't hungry, She has had a drink of water and is now asleep in her little chair. She knows not neither does she care. I am glad I don't know her future, Carpe diem.

Weskit 10:29 27 Dec 2006

No good worrying about our offsprings' future, Neville Shute in one of his books kept saying "It'll be all the same in a hundred years", I wonder,... shall have to come back to find out...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?